Talented Arsenal winger gets call-up to Flying Eagles ahead of 2023 FIFA U20 World CupPublished: April 23, 2023
Allnigeriasoccer.com can exclusively report with certainty that Arsenal starlet Joel Ideho is in contention to become provisionally cap-tied to Nigeria at the upcoming FIFA U20 World Cup in Argentina.
Tilburg-born Ideho has been officially invited to attend a Flying Eagles training camp as the team step up their preparations for the World Cup.
It is understood that Nigeria U20 boss Ladan Bosso is finalizing the list of foreign-based players that would be included on the provisional roster for the World Cup, and invitation letters have already been dispatched to Ideho and some other players.
The Arsenal U21 sensation has received his letter at the right time as he recently recovered from an ankle injury that kept him sidelined for around three weeks,
Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta promoted Ideho to first team training on Wednesday, April 19 ahead of the Premier League meeting with Southampton - one of the teams interested in signing the 19-year-old before the Gunners won the race for his signature.
He trained with the Flying Eagles before the 2023 Africa U20 Cup of Nations, but did not travel with the squad for the tournament in Egypt because he did not have a valid travel document as his Nigerian passport expired in 2018.
Nigeria open group play against Dominican Republic at the Estadio Malvinas Argentinas, Mendoza on May 21, followed by games against Italy (May 24) and Brazil (May 27).
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Nottingham Forest fullback joins Super Eagles walking wounded ahead of Saudi Arabia friendly
- A bridge too far: Boniface unsuccessful in attempt to match Helmes feat but helps Bayer set new record
- Put me on the bench: Akpom tells Ajax coach he's unhappy playing as a No. 10 or winger
- 'Wasn't even a foul' - Ex-Liverpool fullback claims Tottenham star Udogie didn't deserve to be booked
- 'If he leaves in 6 months he will regret' - Ex-Napoli striker criticises Osimhen for not celebrating his goals
- 'I don't follow history' - Southampton loanee Onuachu admits he had no idea he set a record
- Klopp questions red card shown to Jota for foul on Udogie; Tottenham defender should have been sent off too
- Players with the most flair in Chelsea squad: Chukwuemeka picks Madueke, two others
- 'You're playing against big players' - Tottenham left-back Udogie on his 1v1 duels with Saka and Salah
- History-maker: Southampton loanee Onuachu goes into the record book after third goal for Trabzonspor
- Football Betting
- Cakhia TV truc tiep
- Socolive TV truc tiep bong da
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football