Former Celtic striker urges Rangers to re-sign Super Eagles midfielderPublished: May 17, 2023
Former Celtic striker John Hartson has said that Glasgow Rangers should sign former midfielder Joe Aribo from Southampton if the opportunity arises to do so
Aribo left Rangers for Southampton in the summer transfer window for a guaranteed fee of £6 million but has struggled to settle down in the English Premier League with Southampton.
The Super Eagles star has struggled for game time under three different managers at the club and could exit the club as they prepare for life after the Premier League.
He has made 26 appearances for the Saints' first team and has scored two goals
Speaking on Go Radio, via Football Scotland, Hartson said: "I'd take him back in a heartbeat if the opportunity was there but how would it work financially?
"Southampton will want some of the fees back if he's out of the picture meanwhile Michael Beale wants to build his own team. And if they sign Malik Tillman?
"If he [Aribo] became available I'd take him. He knows the club and did well so why not. But it will depend on wages and fees."
The 26-year-old had a great spell with Rangers before his exit last summer, helping them to a league triumph in the 2020/2021 season, won one Scottish Cup and played a vital role in Rangers getting to the Europa League final last season.
Aribo scored 26 goals in 149 appearances for the Scottish side and won Rangers Young Player of the Year and Goal of the Season awards while at the club.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Nigerian exports: Ighalo, Nwakaeme, Fatai roll back the years; youngsters Adewunmi, Adeola, Odutayo strike & more
- Awoniyi namechecks Iheanacho as he explains why Liverpool move didn't work out
- Arsenal v Tottenham combined XI: Udogie among three Spurs players in defence
- Kolo Muani replacement: Eintracht Frankfurt interested in signing Tottenham-linked striker Gift Orban
- Blow for Crystal Palace as 2021 Super Eagles invitee suffers injury setback
- Chelsea winger Madueke ready to face Aston Villa after first omission from gameday squad in 12 matches
- Boniface, Ogbu join West Ham and Brighton stars, 7 others in Europa League Team of the Week
- Bad news for Peseiro ahead of friendly v Saudi Arabia after latest update on Porto LB Sanusi
- Warning for Saka ahead of North London derby as Udogie is named Tottenham Hotspur's fastest player
- The reason Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd could not scout Club Brugge super kid Nusa in UECL fixture
- Football Betting
- Cakhia TV truc tiep
- Socolive TV truc tiep bong da
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football