Leicester manager provides worrying update on Ndidi ahead of must-win game v West HamPublished: May 26, 2023
Leicester City's interim boss, Dean Smith has provided a worrying update on the fitness of Nigerian midfielder, Wilfred Ndidi ahead of his team's must-win tie against West Ham United on Sunday at the King Power Stadium.
Ndidi went off injured in the 88th minute in Leicester City's 0-0 draw with Newcastle United at St James' Park and was replaced by Nampalys Mendy.
The injury to the Nigerian midfielder is a blow to Smith who needs all his key players available for the crunch encounter against the Hammers on the final day of the season.
As it stands, the Foxes are on the verge of losing their Premier League status as they occupy the 18th position in the standings with 31 points. two points behind Everton heading into the final round of games.
Leicester City will have to get the maximum points against David Moyes' men and hope that Everton lose to Bournemouth if they are to protect their Premier League status.
Providing a squad update on Friday, Smith was quoted as saying by the official webpage of Leicester City: " Kelechi is fine. Jonny Evans is fine. Ricardo Pereira, we scanned him and he’s fine.
"Wilf is the only question mark at the moment. He hasn’t trained yet since the injury."
Ndidi has struggled with injuries and form this season. He has made 27 top-flight appearances for the one-time Premier League champions, starting nineteen games and coming on as a substitute eight times.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Nigeria squad announcement: Arsenal, Man City, Spurs youth products called up for AFCONQ
- L'Equipe indicates Super Eagles vice-captain is surplus to requirements at Nantes
- Victor Boniface yet to start negotiations with any team amid Eintracht Frankfurt, Leipzig links
- 'Many lies were told' - Italian pundit claims Osimhen was not sincere about his Napoli future
- Brentford, Leicester stars named in Super Eagles expanded squad for 2023 AFCONQ
- Central defender of African descent returns to Chelsea
- Opposition watch: Canada include Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd stars in provisional WWC squad
- Super Eagles striker linked with departure from Southampton, drawing interest from 3 clubs
- Ujah, top agent, Cute Abiola to grace Awoniyi's sponsored 'Never Stop Dreaming Cup' final
- Official: Promising Nigerian midfielder signs new contract with Sparta Prague
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football