Four players of African descent expected to depart Chelsea for Saudi clubsPublished: June 19, 2023
Four players of African descent are expected to depart Premier League side Chelsea for Saudi Pro League clubs in the coming days, according to Italian transfer market expert Fabrizio Romano.
Senegal goalkeeper Edouard Mendy has now agreed personal terms with Al Ahli and will put pen to paper on a contract valid for three seasons, until June 2026.
Signed from Rennes in 2020, Mendy is credited with 105 appearances for the Blues, keeping 49 clean sheets while conceding 86 goals.
There's growing confidence that Senegal captain Kalidou Koulibaly will accept Al Hilal's contract proposal valid until 2026.
Koulibaly scored two goals in 32 all-competition appearances following his move from Napoli in the summer of 2022.
The third African player set to depart Chelsea is Morocco's 2022 World Cup star Hakim Ziyech, who is on the verge of agreeing personal terms with Al Nassr.
Ziyech was on the brink of joining Paris Saint-Germain on loan in the winter transfer market, only for the deal to collapse at the last minute due to administrative blunders.
France midfielder of Malian descent N'Golo Kante has snubbed an offer to extend his contract at Chelsea in favour of joining
Kante has signed a four-year deal with Al Ittihad, and will receive 100 million euros over the duration of his contract.
- Peseiro's pre-match wish on Lookman comes true: Atalanta striker fires brace in 3-2 win against AC Milan
- FA Youth Cup: Nwaneri scores five goals to inspire Arsenal to 7-1 win against Crewe Alexandra
- Super Eagles watch: Ninth goal involvement for Ndidi; Dessers powerful strike; Ejuke gets his groove back
- 'It looks very nasty' - Michael Owen insists Onyeka was lucky to escape red card against Sheffield United
- 'My parents are proud Nigerians' - Premier League's fastest player reveals he considered playing for Super Eagles
- 'Declan Rice, Grealish chose England over Ireland' - Pundit on the international future of Arsenal striker Obi-Martin
- 'We have Adeleye, Ojo, Sochima' - Peseiro's sidekick urges Super Eagles coach to give chances to invitees
- 'I had an opportunity to get a hat-trick' - Iwobi admits he wanted to stay on against Nottingham Forest
- Nigerian tactician Hassan Sulaiman leads Chelsea into fourth round of FA Youth Cup
- 'Martial is a waste of space' - Ex-Chelsea star urges Man Utd to sign Boniface when 25 percent stake is sold
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football