Coventry City hand trial to Nigeria CB who last played for Barcelona Academy in LagosPublished: July 30, 2023
Allnigeriasoccer.com can exclusively report that Championship club Coventry City have handed a trial to talented 2004-born Nigerian central defender Zamar Ayomide Sanusi with a view to a possible transfer.
The Sky Blues are scouring the market for a new centre-back to bolster the development squad and have been alerted to the availability of Sanusi, who last played for the Juvenil team of Barcelona Academy in Lagos before relocating to the United Kingdom with his mom.
Coventry City youth team coaches will start running the rule over the promising teenager on Monday, July 31 and he is in line to feature in a pre-season friendly against non-leaguers Nuneaton Borough on Tuesday night
The Lagos-born defender was highly rated by the Barcelona Academy coaches whilst with the club.
Sanusi has been described as a leader on the pitch, shows great confidence in his game which gets his teammates going and makes everyone around him better.
As you would expect from a player trained by Barcelona, the 19-year-old right footed center half plays out of the back effectively, communicates well with his teammates and shows good character.
Sanusi is a physical central defender who is comfortable on the ball, and does not shy away from tackles.
Coventry City have been running the rule over another teenager of Nigerian descent in Ifeoluwa Oni since the start of pre-season preparations.
The Sky Blues will make a decision on whether to offer the talented midfielder a contract after he is watched by first team boss Mark Robins in the coming days.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- 'One of our best players' - Leicester coach provides injury update on Super Eagles midfielder Ndidi
- Premier League and Serie A calling: Is it time for Boniface to bid farewell to Bayer Leverkusen?
- Super Eagles duo Iwobi, Bassey hoping Fulham can hurt Man Utd for the first time in nineteen games
- Chelsea post scouts to run the rule over Osimhen in Napoli's 1-1 draw against Barcelona
- Super Eagles centre-back resumes training at Boavista after contracting malaria at AFCON
- 'I don't care about anything, just to score' - Flying Eagles invitee Joseph says he models game after Haaland
- Gabriel Osho: Three reasons Nigerian Federation should make another move for Luton Town CB
- Why William Troost-Ekong shone in AFCON 2023
- Nigerian football stars to watch out for
- Game changers: Three Indomitable Lionesses players Super Falcons must be wary of in Olympic qualifiers
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football