Onuachu rejects transfer to former club despite Genk reaching an agreement with SouthamptonPublished: August 25, 2023
Paul Onuachu has rejected the chance of a return to his former club Racing Genk.
According to The Athletic (subscription required), the Super Eagles forward doesn't want to return to Genk despite the club reaching an agreement with Southampton for his return.
The Belgian outfit had initially reached an agreement with the Saints to pay 8 million euros plus 2 million in bonuses for his services
The agreement also included a swap deal that would see Onuachu move to Genk and Joseph Paintsil to the St Mary's Stadium.
However, both the Nigerian and Ghanaian forward have rejected the deal.
Genk have struggled to replace the 29-year-old who netted 85 goals in 134 appearances in their colours and were hoping to bring him back this summer.
Onuachu joined Southampton in January but has not hit the ground running as he is yet to score in 12 appearances since moving to the South Coast side.
He has only made one appearance for the Saints since the start of this campaign which is proof that he is not in the plans of the manager and the club want to offload him before the end of the transfer window.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Iheanacho scores another penalty for table-topping Leicester; Montpellier's Adams at the double
- Super Eagles forwards Moses Simon, Terem Moffi crack Ligue 1 Team of the Month
- 'The love for the badge is unwavering'- Osimhen insists he's committed to Napoli amid Chelsea, Man Utd links
- Quick and direct winger signs new contract with Chelsea
- Nottingham Forest fullback joins Super Eagles walking wounded ahead of Saudi Arabia friendly
- A bridge too far: Boniface unsuccessful in attempt to match Helmes feat but helps Bayer set new record
- Put me on the bench: Akpom tells Ajax coach he's unhappy playing as a No. 10 or winger
- 'Wasn't even a foul' - Ex-Liverpool fullback claims Tottenham star Udogie didn't deserve to be booked
- 'If he leaves in 6 months he will regret' - Ex-Napoli striker criticises Osimhen for not celebrating his goals
- 'I don't follow history' - Southampton loanee Onuachu admits he had no idea he set a record
- Football Betting
- Cakhia TV truc tiep
- Socolive TV truc tiep bong da
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football