Official: Arsenal loan out Butler-Oyedeji to League One clubPublished: September 01, 2023
With a statement on their official website, Arsenal have announced that Nigerian striker Butler-Oyedeji has joined League One side, Cheltenham Town on loan for the remainder of the 2023-2024 season.
The 20-year-old is embarking on his second loan spell away from the Emirates Stadium, having spent the second half of last season on loan at Accrington Stanley, where he made eleven appearances in the League One.
Butler-Oyedeji officially joined Arsenal at the age of 8 and signed his first professional contract in the summer of 2021.
Before his loan move to Accrington Stanley, he received call-ups for first team matches against Newcastle United (Premier League) and Oxford United (FA Cup) but wasn't utilized off the bench by manager Mikel Arteta.
He scored four goals in as many games against Football League opposition in the EFL Trophy last season, and played in eighteen games across all competitions for Arsenal's development squad.
Though a loan move was on the cards, Butler-Oyedeji as been handed game time in the four games played by Arsenal U21s in the new season and was on target against West Ham United in the Premier League 2.
He trained with his new teammates at Cheltenham Town on Friday ahead of tomorrow's League One clash with Barnsley.
Photo Credit: ctfc.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Iheanacho scores another penalty for table-topping Leicester; Montpellier's Adams at the double
- Super Eagles forwards Moses Simon, Terem Moffi crack Ligue 1 Team of the Month
- 'The love for the badge is unwavering'- Osimhen insists he's committed to Napoli amid Chelsea, Man Utd links
- Quick and direct winger signs new contract with Chelsea
- Nottingham Forest fullback joins Super Eagles walking wounded ahead of Saudi Arabia friendly
- A bridge too far: Boniface unsuccessful in attempt to match Helmes feat but helps Bayer set new record
- Put me on the bench: Akpom tells Ajax coach he's unhappy playing as a No. 10 or winger
- 'Wasn't even a foul' - Ex-Liverpool fullback claims Tottenham star Udogie didn't deserve to be booked
- 'If he leaves in 6 months he will regret' - Ex-Napoli striker criticises Osimhen for not celebrating his goals
- 'I don't follow history' - Southampton loanee Onuachu admits he had no idea he set a record
- Football Betting
- Cakhia TV truc tiep
- Socolive TV truc tiep bong da
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football