Man Utd announce UCL squad: The four players of Nigerian descent eligible for B listPublished: September 05, 2023
Manchester United have submitted to UEFA their squad list for the group stage of the Champions League following the close of the summer transfer window.
Dutch football tactician Erik ten Hag has not named any Super Eagles-eligible player in his 25-man squad made up of the A List.
The Red Devils confirmed via their official website that a B List will be submitted before their first game in Group A against German champions Bayern Munich at Allianz Arena.
Jadon Sancho, who is represented by a Nigerian agent, has been included in the squad as an association trained player.
Association-trained are players who were on another club's books in the same association for three entire seasons between the ages of 15 and 21.
Fullback Habeeb Ogunneye (17), defensive midfielder Maxi Oyedele (18), winger Shola Shoretire (19) and striker Victor Musa (17) are the four players of Nigerian descent eligible to be included on United's List B as they were all born after January 2002, and have been on the books of United for an uninterrupted period of two years since their 15th birthday.
Of the aforementioned players of Nigerian descent, only Shoretire has debuted for Manchester United in the Champions League, playing the last 22 minutes of a 1-1 draw with Young Boys in December 2021.
Manchester United will also face FC Copenhagen and Galatasaray in Group A.
Photo Credit: manutd.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- CAF Team of the Year 2023: Osimhen joins Arsenal, Man Utd, Liverpool, West Ham players in ideal XI
- Osimhen sees off challenges from Liverpool and PSG stars to land African football's biggest individual prize
- CAF Awards 2023: Oshoala wins 6th POTY; Nnadozie Goalkeeper of the Year; Super Falcons best national team
- 'Gave Man Utd's back four a torrid time' - PL's record goalscorer hails Solanke for display at Old Trafford
- 'A great understanding with Osimhen' - Peseiro on similarities and differences between Lookman and Chukwueze
- Nwaneri trains with Arsenal first team pre-PSV after scoring five goals in FA Youth Cup clash
- CAF Awards 2023: Can Osimhen end Nigeria's 24-year wait for an African football king?
- 'We can do better' - Boniface reacts to Bayer's 1-1 draw against VfB Stuttgart
- Super Eagles-eligible defender agrees new long-term contract with Tottenham Hotspur
- Osimhen battles Saka, Mbappe, Messi, Ronaldo, 20 others for IFFHS Men's World Best Player 2023
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football