Official: Arsenal confirm 2022 Nigeria Olympic national team invitee has left the club for goodPublished: September 11, 2023
With a statement on their official website, Arsenal have announced that 2022 Nigeria's Olympic national team invitee Tim Akinola has ended his association with the club.
Akinola has joined Qatari Second Division club Al Bidda SC in a permanent transfer.
Although the Gunners have not disclosed the details of his contract with the Qatari second tier outfit, allnigeriasoccer.com exclusively reported eight days ago that the promising midfielder put pen to paper on a three-year contract with Al Bidda SC.
Akinola spent time on loan at Dundee United in Scotland in the second half of the 2020-2021 campaign and was at National League club Chesterfield for the entirety of last season.
He has departed the north London club without making his senior debut but was often invited to train with the first team and was a key player for the development squad.
Overall, Akinola appeared in 35 games for Arsenal in the Premier League 2, including twenty-nine starts.
In his first appearance for Al Bidda SC, he put in a man of the match performance, grabbing two goals to help his new club secure a 4-1 win against Al Ahli SC in the QFA Cup on September 5.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Iheanacho scores another penalty for table-topping Leicester; Montpellier's Adams at the double
- Super Eagles forwards Moses Simon, Terem Moffi crack Ligue 1 Team of the Month
- 'The love for the badge is unwavering'- Osimhen insists he's committed to Napoli amid Chelsea, Man Utd links
- Quick and direct winger signs new contract with Chelsea
- Nottingham Forest fullback joins Super Eagles walking wounded ahead of Saudi Arabia friendly
- A bridge too far: Boniface unsuccessful in attempt to match Helmes feat but helps Bayer set new record
- Put me on the bench: Akpom tells Ajax coach he's unhappy playing as a No. 10 or winger
- 'Wasn't even a foul' - Ex-Liverpool fullback claims Tottenham star Udogie didn't deserve to be booked
- 'If he leaves in 6 months he will regret' - Ex-Napoli striker criticises Osimhen for not celebrating his goals
- 'I don't follow history' - Southampton loanee Onuachu admits he had no idea he set a record
- Football Betting
- Cakhia TV truc tiep
- Socolive TV truc tiep bong da
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football