Five Nigeria-eligible players registered by Tottenham Hotspur in Premier League squadPublished: September 13, 2023
Tottenham Hotspur manager Ange Postecoglou will be able to count on the services of five Nigeria-eligible players for Premier League matches in the first half of the season.
Apart from the 25-man roster consisting of eight homegrown players and seventeen players who do not fulfill the criteria, an additional list of fifty-three U21 players who are eligible over and above the squad limit of 25 players have been named.
For the 2023-2024 campaign, U21 players will have been born on or after January 1, 2002.
2002-born left-back Destiny Udogie has been excluded from Spurs' 25-man squad as he is classed as an U21 player.
First-year scholars Timileyin Adekunle, Theodore Adelusi and Callum Olusesi, plus second-year scholar Damola Ajayi have also been listed as U21 players.
Adekunle and Adelusi are central defenders and Olusesi - arguably one of the best 16-year-olds in English football at the moment - is a versatile midfielder.
Olusesi, Adekunle and Adelusi helped Tottenham Hotspur win the U17 Premier League Cup last term.
Of the aforementioned players of Nigerian descent, only Udogie has Premier League games under his belt, starting the first four matches played by Tottenham Hotspur in the new season.
Photo Credit: tottenhamhotspur.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Shoretire battles Garnacho, Fernandes, 6 others for Manchester United Goal of the Month
- Iwobi's brilliant effort against favourite PL opponents nominated for Fulham Goal of the Month
- Victor Boniface: Juventus target Bundesliga star as possible replacement for Arsenal-linked striker Vlahovic
- Two teenagers of Nigerian descent promoted to Arsenal first team training pre-Wolves
- Dessers struggling to make an impact: Ex-Scotland star insists Rangers must sign a striker in January
- Blow to the jaw: Arsenal-owned goalkeeper Okonkwo to be assessed ahead of Wrexham v Yeovil Town
- Official: Chelsea confirm two talented midfielders have signed new deals
- Nottingham Forest's Goal of the Month award : Aina's first-time finish against Aston Villa nominated
- 101 Gunners goalscorers at the Emirates: Iwobi scored same number of goals as Arsenal legend Henry
- Watch: Gift Orban among four contenders for UEFA Europa Conference League Goal of the Week
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football