Tottenham legend Harry Kane puts Boniface in his place after historic display for Bayern MunichPublished: September 24, 2023
For now, Tottenham Hotspur legend Harry Kane has ended the debate of who is the better center forward between him and Bayer Leverkusen star Victor Boniface after his historic display for Bayern Munich in their 7-0 demolition of VfL Bochum at the Allianz Arena on Saturday evening.
Boniface has made a splash since arriving in Germany, scoring or assisting in all the games he has played in with the exception of the 2-2 draw at Bayern Munich last Friday.
The newly-capped Nigeria international was recognized for his excellent performances, having won the Bundesliga Player of the Month plus the Rookie of the Month as the best young player in the division.
On the back of those displays, some pundits and Bayer Leverkusen fans in particular have suggested that he was a better signing than Kane, but the Englishman has put Boniface in his place given that he is now second in the charts for most goals scored (7) and assists (3).
Kane registered a hat-trick of goals and a brace of assists in Bayern's annihilation of VfL Bochum and in doing so, set a new Bundesliga record.
According to the statisticians at OPTA, Harry Kane was directly involved in 10 goals in his first five Bundesliga appearances – a new record for a player in his first five Bundesliga appearances since detailed data collection in 2004-05.
Boniface is currently on six goal involvements (4 goals, 2 assists) and has to directly participate in five goals in Bayer Leverkusen's league match with Heidenheim on Sunday afternoon to surpass the Bayern Munich number 9.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Penalty or no penalty? Italy and Inter Milan great Bergomi has his say on incident involving Osimhen
- Super Eagles-eligible winger joins Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham stars in BBC's PL TOTW
- Gift Orban shows he's more than a goalscorer in Gent's 2-2 draw with Genk
- Fifa U17 World Cup: Germany's Brunner follows in the footsteps of Iheanacho; Ruberto emulates Osimhen
- Chukwuemeka sends message to Colwill as England defender scores first-ever goal for Chelsea
- Boniface ends 518-minute Bundesliga goal drought to help Bayer Leverkusen remain unbeaten
- Udogie features in six-goal thriller between Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur
- Nigerian player scores against Scottish champions Celtic for the second matchday running
- Transfer guru Romano tells Chelsea what to do in order to tempt Napoli to sell Osimhen in January
- 'It was a big moment for me' - Super Eagles striker reacts after first goal in West Brom colours
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football