Chelsea give key injury update on Chukwuemeka pre-Brighton & HovePublished: September 26, 2023
Chelsea have provided a key injury update on England youth teamer of Nigerian descent, Carney Chukwumeka before Wednesday's Carabao Cup fixture against Brighton & Hove at Stamford Bridge.
The talented midfielder has not figured for the Blues since the Premier League meeting with West Ham United on August 20.
He has missed five consecutive matches contested by Chelsea since suffering a knee injury at the London Stadium - against Luton Town, Nottingham Forest, Bournemouth and Aston Villa in the Premier League, and AFC Wimbledon in the League Cup.
Chuwkuemeka sustained an injury to his left knee, leading to his substitution in the 46th minute, and the following day he underwent surgery.
The 19-year-old is making good progress on his recovery, with Chelsea revealing on Tuesday morning that he has started partial training with his teammates.
The Brighton & Hove clash tomorrow evening may come too soon for him given that he has not started full training as of now.
Chukwuemeka's injury came at the wrong time as he was certainly pushing for a spot in Chelsea's starting lineup, having started their first two games in the Premier League.
He netted his first senior goal in Chelsea's 3-1 loss to West Ham United but his joy turned to pain within seventeen minutes when he got injured.
Photo Credit: chelseafc.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Penalty or no penalty? Italy and Inter Milan great Bergomi has his say on incident involving Osimhen
- Super Eagles-eligible winger joins Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham stars in BBC's PL TOTW
- Gift Orban shows he's more than a goalscorer in Gent's 2-2 draw with Genk
- Fifa U17 World Cup: Germany's Brunner follows in the footsteps of Iheanacho; Ruberto emulates Osimhen
- Chukwuemeka sends message to Colwill as England defender scores first-ever goal for Chelsea
- Boniface ends 518-minute Bundesliga goal drought to help Bayer Leverkusen remain unbeaten
- Udogie features in six-goal thriller between Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur
- Nigerian player scores against Scottish champions Celtic for the second matchday running
- Transfer guru Romano tells Chelsea what to do in order to tempt Napoli to sell Osimhen in January
- 'It was a big moment for me' - Super Eagles striker reacts after first goal in West Brom colours
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football