'If he leaves in 6 months he will regret' - Ex-Napoli striker criticises Osimhen for not celebrating his goalsPublished: October 01, 2023
Ex-Napoli striker Roberto Sosa has criticized Victor Osimhen for his refusal to celebrate his goals in the club's recent wins over Lecce and Udinese.
The Super Eagles striker didn't celebrate when he bagged a goal in Napoli's 4-1 win over Udinese last Wednesday which brought an end to his four-game goal drought.
He repeated the same yesterday when the Parthenopeans triumphed over Lecce on matchday 7 of the Serie A played at Stadio Comunale Via del Mare.
This behaviour of the lanky striker stems from his ongoing row with the club.
Sosa has said that the 24-year-old will regret his choice when he leaves Napoli and the fans don't deserve such attitude.
"I would like to go to Castel Volturno to tell him. I hope Osimhen stays, but if he leaves in 6 months he will regret these goals without celebration and will not be able to go back. I regret this choice to be sad.
"This club was chosen by Diego for its fans. Like Boca and Gimnasia. They don't deserve this. The goal is the best thing, I'm very sorry about this choice of Osimhen." he told Tele A via Area Napoli
Regardless of the recent tussle between the defending Italian champions and Osimhen, the club's manager Rudi Garcia will be happy that the Nigerian forward is back to his prolific ways having netted in back-to-back games.
The Naples-based club are seeking to defend the Scudetto having ended their 33-year wait for the title last season and have had a decent start to the campaign, garnering 14 points from 7 games played so far.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Penalty or no penalty? Italy and Inter Milan great Bergomi has his say on incident involving Osimhen
- Super Eagles-eligible winger joins Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham stars in BBC's PL TOTW
- Gift Orban shows he's more than a goalscorer in Gent's 2-2 draw with Genk
- Fifa U17 World Cup: Germany's Brunner follows in the footsteps of Iheanacho; Ruberto emulates Osimhen
- Chukwuemeka sends message to Colwill as England defender scores first-ever goal for Chelsea
- Boniface ends 518-minute Bundesliga goal drought to help Bayer Leverkusen remain unbeaten
- Udogie features in six-goal thriller between Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur
- Nigerian player scores against Scottish champions Celtic for the second matchday running
- Transfer guru Romano tells Chelsea what to do in order to tempt Napoli to sell Osimhen in January
- 'It was a big moment for me' - Super Eagles striker reacts after first goal in West Brom colours
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football