Poland coach clarifies why Man Utd midfielder Oyedele is absent from squad for U21 Euro qualifiersPublished: November 16, 2023
Poland U21 national team manager Adam Majewski has shed light on the omission of Manchester United midfielder of Nigerian descent Maxi Oyedele from the squad for the upcoming European U21 Championship qualifying matches against Israel (Nov 17) and Germany (Nov 21).
Oyedele is also eligible to represent England where he was born as well as Nigeria through his Nigerian father but the Polish Federation are currently in the driving seat for his services at senior level given that he is provisionally cap-tied to Central European country.
The Manchester United academy product was promoted to Poland U21 squad for the 2023-2024 season and made his debut for the age group in a European Championship qualifier against Kosovo in September.
Oyedele has been conspicuously absent from Manchester United's youth teams matchday squads since September, fueling speculation that he has fitness problems.
Majewski has confirmed as much, saying that the tri national midfielder is not taking part in the training camp due to injury.
In quotes relayed by Łączy nas piłka, Majewski explained: "Jan Biegański is injured, he will probably have a longer break, and Maxi Oyedele is also injured. In this place, we also called up Antoni Kozubal from the U-20 team, who is two years younger and stands out in GKS Katowice."
Prior to his spell on the sidelines, the 19-year-old Oyedele played in nine matches for United's U19s and development squad, scoring one goal.
Photo Credit : manutd.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- 'He will change a lot of things for Chelsea' - Gianfranco Zola reveals Osimhen is tailor-made for PL
- Alejandro Garnacho beats Shoretire, 7 others to win Manchester United Goal of the Month
- Bayer Leverkusen striker Victor Boniface gunning for fourth consecutive Bundesliga award
- Taiwo Awoniyi nominated for Fans' Footballer of the Year 2023 award
- Arsenal loanee Okonkwo to undergo further examinations to determine severity of jaw injury
- 'Ministry played a role in that employment' - Sports Minister confirms Peseiro's future will be determined after AFCON
- Penalty or no penalty? Italy and Inter Milan great Bergomi has his say on incident involving Osimhen
- Super Eagles-eligible winger joins Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham stars in BBC's PL TOTW
- Gift Orban shows he's more than a goalscorer in Gent's 2-2 draw with Genk
- Fifa U17 World Cup: Germany's Brunner follows in the footsteps of Iheanacho; Ruberto emulates Osimhen
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football