Tella put on the spot: Bayer winger chooses between Southampton and Arsenal, Super Eagles and Three LionsPublished: November 17, 2023
In a question and answer session with Bayer 04 TV, Nathan Tella was forced to make some difficult choices regarding his preferred club apart from Bayer Leverkusen, preferred national team and jersey number.
Tella was handed his first-ever call-up to the Super Eagles for their November internationals against Lesotho and Zimbabwe.
Nigeria began their 2026 World Cup qualifying campaign with a 1-1 draw against Lesotho on Thursday, with Tella among the seven players not utilized off the bench by manager Jose Peseiro.
Tella's Bayer Leverkusen teammate, Victor Boniface went the distance for the first time in his international career.
Tella progressed through all the youth teams at Arsenal from 2007 and then then joined the youth set-up at Southampton in 2017.
When asked to choose between Arsenal and Southampton, Tella went for the Saints, for whom he made 44 appearances in total, registering three goals and six assists.
On his preferred national team, the Hale End Academy product, who is eligible to play international football for Nigeria and 1966 world champions England, picked the Super Eagles over the Three Lions.
The attacking all-rounder noted that he can play as a winger and wing-back and his preferred jersey number is 23, which he wore at Southampton and Burnley.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- 'He will change a lot of things for Chelsea' - Gianfranco Zola reveals Osimhen is tailor-made for PL
- Alejandro Garnacho beats Shoretire, 7 others to win Manchester United Goal of the Month
- Bayer Leverkusen striker Victor Boniface gunning for fourth consecutive Bundesliga award
- Taiwo Awoniyi nominated for Fans' Footballer of the Year 2023 award
- Arsenal loanee Okonkwo to undergo further examinations to determine severity of jaw injury
- 'Ministry played a role in that employment' - Sports Minister confirms Peseiro's future will be determined after AFCON
- Penalty or no penalty? Italy and Inter Milan great Bergomi has his say on incident involving Osimhen
- Super Eagles-eligible winger joins Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham stars in BBC's PL TOTW
- Gift Orban shows he's more than a goalscorer in Gent's 2-2 draw with Genk
- Fifa U17 World Cup: Germany's Brunner follows in the footsteps of Iheanacho; Ruberto emulates Osimhen
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football