Borussia Dortmund, Anderlecht interested in Arsenal striker Obi-Martin who scored 10 goals v Liverpool youthPublished: November 20, 2023
Two European clubs are interested in signing Arsenal youth team striker of Nigerian descent Chidozie Obi-Martin.
Everyone is talking about his potential after he scored ten goals in Arsenal U16s 14-3 win over Liverpool at the weekend.
According to Arsenal youth team expert Jeorge Bird, German Bundesliga outfit Borussia Dortmund and Belgian Jupiler Pro League team Anderlecht are monitoring the progress of the Denmark U17 international of Nigerian descent.
Obi turns 16 in nine days time, meaning the Danish-born teenager can join a club based in the European Union as from the January transfer window.
However, Arsenal have no worries over the future of Obi-Martin, given that the center forward has already agreed a scholarship deal with the north London club for the 2024-2025 season.
Arsenal saw off competition from London rivals Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur to sign him on a schoolboy deal which concludes in June 2024.
In the summer window, Anderlecht added English-Nigerian player Tudor Mendel-Idowu to their youth team ranks, beating Barcelona to his signature after the talented winger turned down a new deal at Chelsea.
Obi-Martin has trained with Arsenal's first team this season and debuted for the U19s and development squad in the UEFA Youth League and Premier League 2 respectively.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Super Eagles-eligible winger joins Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham stars in BBC's PL TOTW
- Gift Orban shows he's more than a goalscorer in Gent's 2-2 draw with Genk
- Fifa U17 World Cup: Germany's Brunner follows in the footsteps of Iheanacho; Ruberto emulates Osimhen
- Chukwuemeka sends message to Colwill as England defender scores first-ever goal for Chelsea
- Boniface ends 518-minute Bundesliga goal drought to help Bayer Leverkusen remain unbeaten
- Udogie features in six-goal thriller between Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur
- Nigerian player scores against Scottish champions Celtic for the second matchday running
- Transfer guru Romano tells Chelsea what to do in order to tempt Napoli to sell Osimhen in January
- 'It was a big moment for me' - Super Eagles striker reacts after first goal in West Brom colours
- 'He's often in the right place' - 1988 European Championship winner Kieft praises Ajax super-sub Akpom
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football