Nigerian tactician Hassan Sulaiman leads Chelsea into fourth round of FA Youth CupPublished: December 09, 2023
Nigerian football tactician Hassan Sulaiman was in the dugout as Chelsea secured a place in the fourth round of the prestigious FA Youth Cup after a 3-1 win over Leicester City on Friday evening.
Sulaiman handed a starting berth to in-form winger Tyrique George while Chelsea Academy Scholar of the Year for the 2022-2023 season, Somto Boniface was named among the substitutes.
Two other Nigeria-eligible youngsters in Chinonso Chibueze and Saheed Olagunju were not called up for the trip to Leicester City.
Donnell McNeilly gave Chelsea a dream start by opening the scoring in the first minute when he slotted home from 20 yards out.
Six minutes after the interval, Jayden Joseph restored parity for the home team but Sulaiman's boys were back in front again courtesy of Michael Golding, whose effort from distance beat the Foxes goalkeeper.
Four minutes from time, substitute Shim Mheuka finished into the far corner to put the game to bed.
Chelsea''s reward for beating Leicester City is a fourth round tie against either Everton or Stockport County in the New Year.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- 2024 Olympic qualifier: Five tactical tweaks Waldrum must make to avoid defeat against Cameroon
- 'Will never be less than 7 or 8 months' - Porto coach confirms key Nigeria LB Zaidu is out of WCQs in June
- 'We still can't rule out Arsenal' - Transfer insider claims Gunners can compete with Chelsea, PSG for Osimhen
- 'He has a big salary' - Ex-Spartak defender hits out at Victor Moses over work ethic
- Former Man City winger Wright-Phillips reacts to Bassey's opener in Fulham's win at Man Utd
- Iwobi's match-winning strike: Alan Shearer praises Fulham star for fooling Man Utd's Cameroon GK
- Chelsea star Madueke looking forward to Wembley showdown with Liverpool, inspired by Drogba's iconic volley
- Super Eagles watch: Dessers nets brace for table-topping Rangers; Watford's Dennis back-to-back home goals
- Return of 2023 AFCON heroes and four other takeaways from Bendel Insurance draw against Enyimba
- Former Tottenham striker Bent points finger at three Manchester United players for Iwobi and Bassey goals
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football