'We can do better' - Boniface reacts to Bayer's 1-1 draw against VfB StuttgartPublished: December 11, 2023
Bayer Leverkusen are the only unbeaten team in the top 5 European League comprising English Premier League, Spain's La Liga, Germany's Bundesliga, Italian Serie A and France's Ligue 1.
Nigeria international Victor Boniface played a key role to help Bayer Leverkusen maintain their unbeaten start to the season after providing the assist for the equalizer netted by Florian Wirtz two minutes into the second half in a 1-1 draw with
VfB Stuttgart at MHPArena Stuttgart on Sunday evening.
Boniface got a little bit of space, used his strength to get the better of Dan-Axel Zagadou before getting in a cross to Wirtz, who calmly slid the ball into the far corner.
Before Chris Führich netted the opening goal of the contest, the Super Eagles striker had a chance to break the deadlock midway through the first half but his shot from around the penalty spot was saved by goalkeeper Alexander Nübel and he scooped his shot wide in the 33rd minute.
Speaking post-match, Boniface acknowledged that VfB Stuttgart were difficult opponents but pointed out that Bayer Leverkusen were not at their best.
"It's a good result, we had one point and we can do better. We know we are going to play a difficult team, they are good," Boniface said to Sport1.
"The first half, you see the way they played so they are really good, but for us to get a point I think it okay,."
Following their last away match of 2023, Boniface and his Bayer teammates will contest three consecutive home matches before Christmas - the Europa League meeting with Molde, Bundesliga clashes with Eintracht Frankfurt and VfL Bochum.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- 2024 Olympic qualifier: Five tactical tweaks Waldrum must make to avoid defeat against Cameroon
- 'Will never be less than 7 or 8 months' - Porto coach confirms key Nigeria LB Zaidu is out of WCQs in June
- 'We still can't rule out Arsenal' - Transfer insider claims Gunners can compete with Chelsea, PSG for Osimhen
- 'He has a big salary' - Ex-Spartak defender hits out at Victor Moses over work ethic
- Former Man City winger Wright-Phillips reacts to Bassey's opener in Fulham's win at Man Utd
- Iwobi's match-winning strike: Alan Shearer praises Fulham star for fooling Man Utd's Cameroon GK
- Chelsea star Madueke looking forward to Wembley showdown with Liverpool, inspired by Drogba's iconic volley
- Super Eagles watch: Dessers nets brace for table-topping Rangers; Watford's Dennis back-to-back home goals
- Return of 2023 AFCON heroes and four other takeaways from Bendel Insurance draw against Enyimba
- Former Tottenham striker Bent points finger at three Manchester United players for Iwobi and Bassey goals
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football