Mikel reveals qualities that make Victor Boniface a complete striker, backs Bayer star to shine at 2023 AFCONPublished: January 08, 2024
Nigeria legend John Obi Mikel has labeled Victor Boniface a complete striker and has backed the Bayer Leverkusen star to shine at the 2023 Africa Cup of Nations.
Boniface has had a remarkable start to life in Germany after transferring from Belgian outfit Royale Union Saint-Gilloise in the summer, registering twenty-four goal involvements in all competitions.
The 23-year-old did not arrive at Bayer Leverkusen as an unknown quantity as he was the UEFA Europa League top scorer for 2022-2023 and was also named to the Team of the Season.
He has won the Bundesliga Rookie of the Month for four consecutive months and was named Player of the Month for August.
Mikel highlighted the qualities of Boniface as he praised the Super Eagles number 24 ahead of Nigeria's opening game at the Africa Cup of Nations against Equatorial Guinea.
Speaking on The Obi One Podcast, Mikel stated: "He's a complete striker when you watch him play. He scores goals, he's good on the ball, technically very good, holds up the ball and also quick as well which is something you need from a striker so he's doing really well.
"All I have to say is that the sky will be your limit if you continue playing like this and keep working hard. I'm pretty sure you'll do well in the Nations Cup and bring the trophy back home."
Boniface is not just a goalscorer as he is joint second on the Bundesliga assists charts with seven in sixteen matches.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- 'One of our best players' - Leicester coach provides injury update on Super Eagles midfielder Ndidi
- Premier League and Serie A calling: Is it time for Boniface to bid farewell to Bayer Leverkusen?
- Super Eagles duo Iwobi, Bassey hoping Fulham can hurt Man Utd for the first time in nineteen games
- Chelsea post scouts to run the rule over Osimhen in Napoli's 1-1 draw against Barcelona
- Super Eagles centre-back resumes training at Boavista after contracting malaria at AFCON
- 'I don't care about anything, just to score' - Flying Eagles invitee Joseph says he models game after Haaland
- Gabriel Osho: Three reasons Nigerian Federation should make another move for Luton Town CB
- Why William Troost-Ekong shone in AFCON 2023
- Nigerian football stars to watch out for
- Game changers: Three Indomitable Lionesses players Super Falcons must be wary of in Olympic qualifiers
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football