African Football Expert Otto Pfister : Nigeria Too Emotional, They Think They'll Win World CupPublished: June 12, 2018
Legendary German coach Otto Pfister has been around since the '70s, he has coached Rwanda, Senegal, Burkina Faso, Zaire, Ghana, Togo and Cameroon national teams, so it's right to call him an African Football expert.
Pfister has opined that Nigeria can spring a surprise at the 2018 World Cup in Russia, but they consistently overestimate their chances of success.
The Super Eagles have reached the last sixteen three times in previous tournaments but failed to progress to the last eight after coming close in USA 1994 and Brazil 2014, losing to Italy and France respectively.
''Nigeria also has a chance to surprise some people but they aren't calm, they are too emotional and they overestimate themselves,'' Pfister told Deutsche Welle's Kick Off.
''They think they will win the World Cup, but they're too hot-blooded for that.''
No African team has managed to qualify for the last four of the World Cup; Cameroon (1990), Senegal (2002) and Ghana (2010) were very close but got eliminated in the quarterfinals.
Nigeria, Egypt, Senegal, Tunisia and Morocco are Africa's five representatives in Russia 2018.
Football News 24/7
- What Rohr Told Pinnick & Co. In London; German, Eagles Stars Reject Ahmadu Bello Stadium
- Arsenal Product Fela Scores For Yeovil Town But Bad News For Teammate Jaiyesimi
- Iheanacho Joins Alexis, Ozil, Bakayoko, Lindelof In Marca's Worst XI of 2018
- Talented Nigerian Youngster Kelechi Wants To Be One Of The Best In The World
- France Youth Team Star Akinjogunla Making Inroads At Toulouse After Promotion
- Wing Wizard Adekanye In Contention To Face Chelsea U23s After Injury Scare, Thanks Arsenal Physios
- Five New Players In Libya Squad To Face Super Eagles, To Take Chartered Flight To Nigeria
- Chelsea Loanee Tomori Reacts After Pocketing Manchester United's Strongest Player
- EFL Cup: Iheanacho Nets Winning Penalty; Ndidi Rested; Ibe Strikes; Nnamdi In 18; Tomori Shines; Olosunde Missing
- Visa Hitch Stops Chelsea Loanee Omeruo From La Liga Debut Against Barcelona
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football