Ex-Guinea, DRC Coach, Neveu : Rohr Will Learn Lessons From Losses To England & CzechPublished: June 13, 2018
Former Democratic Republic of Congo, Niger and Guinea coach, Patrice Neveu says Gernot Rohr will learn from the defeats suffered by the Super Eagles in their pre-World Cup friendlies and apply the lessons at the 2018 World Cup.
The Super Eagles started their pre-World Cup friendlies by beating Argentina 4-2, followed by a 1-0 win over one of the top ranked teams in the world, Poland, but they suffered losses to Serbia, England and Czech Republic in their last three games with European opposition.
''On friendlies, you have to be careful about the situation. Morocco has done well, but I would not want it to hurt them by putting extra pressure on the team,'' Neveu told Radio France Internationale.
''If we take for example the course of Nigeria in friendly, we can say that Gernot Rohr, the coach, despite an average record, will learn lessons before entering the competition.
''For the coaches, these friendlies make it possible to judge the state of form of each one and to test several systems of game. It is also the moment to visualize the opponents with the approach of the competition.''
Rohr has only lost one competitive game on the pitch since he was appointed coach of the Super Eagles, an African Cup Of Nations qualifier against South Africa last June.
Football News 24/7
- EFL Cup: Iheanacho Nets Winning Penalty; Ndidi Rested; Ibe Strikes; Nnamdi In 18; Tomori Shines; Olosunde Missing
- Visa Hitch Stops Chelsea Loanee Omeruo From La Liga Debut Against Barcelona
- Egwuekwe Pens One-Year Al Nasr Deal After Successful Medical, Rejects Kuwaiti & Azerbaijani Clubs
- Chelsea Product Solanke Declared One Hundred Percent Fit To Face Old Club
- Chelsea Legend Zola Names The Gifted Player That Prevented Moses From Starting Vs Man City
- 'Nigerian Iniesta' Ends Speculation Over Future By Signing New CS Sfaxien Contract
- Super Eagles Star Ahmed Musa Is N0.97M Richer After Winning Saudi PL Player Of The Week
- England Call-Up For Leyton Orient's Marvin Ekpiteta, Whose Twin Brother Had Been Targeted By Nigeria
- Injured Nigerian Striker Ruled Out Of Leicester City's League Cup Match Vs Wolves
- Super Eagles Star Alhassan Ibrahim Named In Liga NOS Team Of The Week After Battle Scar
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football