Russia Coach : Argentina Depend On Messi, They Lost To Nigeria & Spain Without Barca StarPublished: June 13, 2018
Russian National Team boss Stanislav Cherchesov has opined that the Argentina squad depend so much on Lionel Messi, adding that they lost to Nigeria and Spain in pre-World Cup friendlies because of the absence of the Barcelona superstar.
The Super Eagles came from two goals down to beat the two-time world champions 4-2 in Krasnodar last November, with Kelechi Iheanacho, Brian Idowu and Alex Iwobi (2) on target for Gernot Rohr's side.
''Argentina's problem is that they are not psychologically prepared to play without Messi,'' Cherchésov told La Vanguardia.
''I'm not saying it's a team of one player, but they can not play without him. This was when, after the match with us, they played with Nigeria, and also lost to Spain. They depend on Messi. ''
The Argentina number ten and skipper has been directly involved in six goals (4 goals, 2 assists) in five appearances against the Nigerian national teams in the past.
The Super Eagles will battle Argentina for the fifth time in the group stage of the World Cup at the Saint-Petersburg Stadium on June 26,
Photo Credit : afa.com.ar
Football News 24/7
- Red-Hot Kasimpasa Star Emem Eduok Makes Turkish Super Lig Best Eleven
- UYL Wrap: Real Madrid's Akinlabi Scores; Juventus & Iweru Lose To Man Utd; Man City's Nmecha Red-Carded; Ogbeta Goes 90
- 'If We’d Have Got The Penalty & Ball Hadn't Hit Crossbar' - Ndidi's Excuses For Losing To Arsenal Valid
- 2018 AWCON: Onome Ebi Not Scared of South Africa, Others As African Champions Eye World Cup Place
- Photo Confirmation : Central Midfielder Pens New Chelsea Deal
- Official: Chelsea Bolster Squad With The Signing Of New Goalkeeper
- Iwobi Good To Replace Okocha, Moses Has No Chelsea Future, NFF Should Go For Lookman: Five Things Learned From Nigerian Players' Performances
- Rohr Names The Player He Will Scout In Rangers Vs Kano Pillars Aiteo Cup Final
- Rohr Puts His Faith In Kalu, Out-Of-Favor Bordeaux No 10 Backed To Replace Chelsea's Moses
- Omeruo Pleads With Chelsea : I Would Love To Play, Even If It's Just One Game
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football