Chelsea Star Fàbregas Blasts Argentina After Loss: They Were Playing Against Each OtherPublished: June 21, 2018
Argentina are in desperate trouble following their shock 3-0 loss to Croatia in their second match of the 2018 World Cup, a defeat which means their fate is no longer in their hands.
The Croats became the first team to qualify for the last sixteen in Group D courtesy of second half goals from Ante Rebic, Luka Modric and Ivan Rakitic.
Chelsea Star Cesc Fàbregas has agreed that it was one of the worst performances by an Argentinian side and questioned the commitment and the unity of the South American players.
''In midfield they played well but I think Argentina made it so easy for them. They were a broken team, they were playing five attackers and five defenders,'' Fabregas stated in his post-match analysis on BBC.
''If you are a midfielder this is exactly what you want, you have so much time, space, you can keep the ball, you can do whatever you want.
''It felt sometimes that Argentina were not playing for each other, they were playing against each other. The passes were terrible, nothing.''
The Super Eagles and Argentina meet for the fifth time in the group stage of the World Cup at the Krestovsky Stadium, Saint Petersburg on June 26.
Photo Credit : hns-cff.hr
Football News 24/7
- EFL Cup: Iheanacho Nets Winning Penalty; Ndidi Rested; Ibe Strikes; Nnamdi In 18; Tomori Shines; Olosunde Missing
- Visa Hitch Stops Chelsea Loanee Omeruo From La Liga Debut Against Barcelona
- Egwuekwe Pens One-Year Al Nasr Deal After Successful Medical, Rejects Kuwaiti & Azerbaijani Clubs
- Chelsea Product Solanke Declared One Hundred Percent Fit To Face Old Club
- Chelsea Legend Zola Names The Gifted Player That Prevented Moses From Starting Vs Man City
- 'Nigerian Iniesta' Ends Speculation Over Future By Signing New CS Sfaxien Contract
- Super Eagles Star Ahmed Musa Is N0.97M Richer After Winning Saudi PL Player Of The Week
- England Call-Up For Leyton Orient's Marvin Ekpiteta, Whose Twin Brother Had Been Targeted By Nigeria
- Injured Nigerian Striker Ruled Out Of Leicester City's League Cup Match Vs Wolves
- Super Eagles Star Alhassan Ibrahim Named In Liga NOS Team Of The Week After Battle Scar
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football