Idowu Debuts For Lokomotiv Moscow, Says Eagles Will Perform Better At Qatar 2022Published: July 13, 2018
Brian Idowu made his debut for Lokomotiv Moscow, three days after joining the Russian Premier League champions on a free transfer.
Idowu was brought on by manager of the Red-Greens, Yuri Semin, in the 63rd minute in today's friendly against Austrian club Wolfsberger AC which ended goalless.
The 26-year-old was signed to improve Lokomotiv's defense ahead of their return to the UEFA Champions League.
The Saint Petersburg-born fullback started all the three matches Nigeria played at the 2018 World Cup and he believes the Super Eagles will perform better at Qatar 2022 after they were eliminated in the group stage in Russia.
Speaking to the official website of Lokomotiv Moscow, Idowu stated: ''The level of organization, stadiums - everything is super! It's a shame that Nigeria could not leave the group.
''In the match with Argentina, only four minutes left, but we have a young team. This experience is necessary for further development and will be useful at the next World Cup.''
Idowu has made 87 appearances in the Russian Premier League to date, scoring one goal.
Photo Credit : fclm.ru
Football News 24/7
- Tottenham Hotspur, Southampton Interested In Signing Former Super Eagles Invitee
- Super Eagles Star Moses Simon Scores On Nantes Debut, Which Siasia Did Not Achieve
- Nigerian Prodigy Scores First Competitive Goal For Manchester United Youth
- Leicester Boss Confirms : Ndidi Picked Up Hamstring Injury Vs Chelsea, To Miss At Least Two Games
- EFL : Eze, Ejaria Show Why Rohr Must Keep An Eye On Them; Ameobi Assists; Etebo, Odubajo Lose; Ajayi & West Brom Draw
- One Reason Why Tomori Could Win The Fight Against Two Experienced Defenders
- Chelsea Boss Lampard Reveals Reason Behind Tammy Abraham's Goal Celebration Vs Norwich
- EPL Wrap: Abraham Opens Chelsea Account; Balogun, Ndidi, Iheanacho, Saka, Success Not In 18; Tomori Benched
- Former Watford Teenage Sensation Receives First Ever Call-Up To Nigeria National Team
- Iwobi Denied Debut Goal By The Woodwork As Everton Lose To Aston Villa
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football