Idowu Debuts For Lokomotiv Moscow, Says Eagles Will Perform Better At Qatar 2022Published: July 13, 2018
Brian Idowu made his debut for Lokomotiv Moscow, three days after joining the Russian Premier League champions on a free transfer.
Idowu was brought on by manager of the Red-Greens, Yuri Semin, in the 63rd minute in today's friendly against Austrian club Wolfsberger AC which ended goalless.
The 26-year-old was signed to improve Lokomotiv's defense ahead of their return to the UEFA Champions League.
The Saint Petersburg-born fullback started all the three matches Nigeria played at the 2018 World Cup and he believes the Super Eagles will perform better at Qatar 2022 after they were eliminated in the group stage in Russia.
Speaking to the official website of Lokomotiv Moscow, Idowu stated: ''The level of organization, stadiums - everything is super! It's a shame that Nigeria could not leave the group.
''In the match with Argentina, only four minutes left, but we have a young team. This experience is necessary for further development and will be useful at the next World Cup.''
Idowu has made 87 appearances in the Russian Premier League to date, scoring one goal.
Photo Credit : fclm.ru
Football News 24/7
- Nigerian Winger Omitted From Arsenal FAYC Squad Ahead Of Possible Home Debut; Balogun Strikes
- Everything You Need To Know About Nigerian Midfielder Named In Man City's 18 Vs Hoffenheim
- Europa League : The Reason Birthday Boy Victor Moses Was Left Out Of Chelsea Squad Vs Vidi
- Nigeria 4 Ghana 2 : Effiom Puts On A Show As Flying Eagles Qualify For U20 WAFU Cup Semi-Final
- 'He Was The Ronaldinho Of Bolton Wanderers' - Nolan Picks Okocha In Best XI Played With
- Official: Midfielder Dominic Chatto Inks New Deal With Swedish Club Falkenbergs FF
- Nigerian Striker Enters UEFA History Books After Debuting For Manchester United In UYL
- 17-Year-Old Nigerian Winger In Contention To Make Home Debut For Arsenal First Team
- UYL Man Utd Confirmed 18 Vs Valencia Revealed: Record Could Move To Nigeria Within 3 Hours
- Brighton's Balogun Joins Liverpool's Salah In African Team Of The Week
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football