EPL: Billing Plays Full Game; Success One-Minute Cameo; Balogun Bench Vs Man UtdPublished: August 19, 2018
Huddersfield Town are without a point in their opening two games in the Premier League after they were thrashed 6-1 by the champions Manchester City on Sunday afternoon.
Former Denmark U21 international Philip Billing was on parade for the entirety of the game at the Etihad Stadium, while Nathanael Ogbeta and Tom Dele-Bashiru who traveled with City's first team to the United States for pre-season were not listed.
A hat-trick from Sergio Aguero, an own goal from Terence Kongolo and additional tallies from Gabriel Jesus and David Silva gave City their second successive win in the new season, Jon Gorenc-Stankovic netted the Terriers consolation goal two minutes before half-time.
In the 51st minute, Philip Billing was booked for a late tackle on Gabriel Jesus.
Over to Turf Moor in a game attended by 18,822 spectators, Watford claimed a 3-1 win over Burnley, thanks to goals from Andre Gray, Troy Deeney and Will Hughes.
The Hornets manager Javi Gracia made his final change of the afternoon when he introduced one-cap Nigeria international Isaac Success in the 89th minute, his second appearance off the bench in the new season.
In the 4 pm kickoff, Leon Balogun has to wait for his full debut after making the bench for Brighton & Hove against Manchester United at The American Express Community Stadium.
The central defender was a non-playing substitute against Watford last weekend.
- Super Falcons ratings: Kanu, Okoronkwo grab headlines; Nnadozie can't be judged; Okwuchukwu one to watch
- Official: MLS club St. Louis City SC exercise 2024 contract option on Nigerian forward
- WAFCONQ: Five takeaways from Super Falcons convincing 5-0 win against Cape Verde
- WAFCONQ Nigeria 5 Cape Verde 0: Kanu and Okoronkwo at the double in Super Falcons convincing win
- Nigeria-eligible winger who trained with Chelsea first team this month nominated for Goal of the Month again
- 'It's a bit annoying' - Fulham CB Bassey reflects on being booked for time-wasting against Arsenal
- 'He comes from the Belgian league' - Bayer chief defends Boniface over his dip in form in Bundesliga
- Super Eagles drop two spots in latest Fifa rankings after draws against Lesotho and Zimbabwe
- 'Shows I'm doing the right things' - Nathan Tella admits selection for Super Eagles has given him confidence
- Napoli coach Walter Mazzarri reveals exactly why Osimhen did not start 4-2 defeat to Real Madrid
Football News 24/7
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football