One Man Steals The Limelight As Chelsea React To Nigeria's 2-1 Win Against LiberiaPublished: September 12, 2018
Premier League side Chelsea monitored the exhibition match between Liberia and Nigeria staged at the Samuel Kanyon Doe Sports Stadium on Tuesday evening although no Chelsea player was in action.
Defender Kenneth Omeruo was excused from the game after the AFCON tie at Seychelles, right back Ola Aina pulled out of the Super Eagles squad due to injury, while Victor Moses has called time on his international career.
From the word go, it was certain that Chelsea legend John Obi Mikel will be absent as he asked to be left out of the squad after just recovering from an injury, but the London side noted that there was another Chelsea icon in the shape of George Weah that featured in the friendly.
Reviewing their players on international duty, Chelsea wrote on their official website : ''Miazga was joined in the USA side by Paris Saint-Germain’s Timothy Weah, son of former Chelsea striker George Weah, who came out of retirement to play in an international friendly for Liberia yesterday at the age of 51.
''Weah featured for 79 minutes as Liberia were beaten 2-1 by Nigeria. ''
Weah represented Chelsea in the second half of the 1999-2000 season, scoring three goals in 11 Premier League games.
Football News 24/7
- Ahmed Musa : Super Eagles Are Not Taking Uganda Game Like A Friendly
- Rohr Reveals The Identity Of The Goalkeeper Who Will Definitely Not Play Vs Uganda
- Ahmed Musa Urges Victor Moses To Reverse Decision To Retire From Super Eagles Ahead Of AFCON
- Bristol City Keeping Tabs On Prolific Nigerian Striker Who Is England's Top-Scoring Teen
- Why Rohr, NFF Permitted Chelsea Loanee Kenneth Omeruo To Depart Camp For London
- Official: Ex-Man City Midfielder Nwakali Parts Company With Rakow Czestochowa By Mutual Consent
- Two Players Of Nigerian Descent Withdraw From England U21 Squad
- 'Leon Balogun Was Injured' - South Africa Dazzler Explains Why They Resorted To Long Balls
- Uganda Announce Match Day Squad For Tuesday's Friendly Against Super Eagles, Star Player Okwi Out
- Chelsea Loanee Ola Aina Will Not Train With Super Eagles Monday, Returns To Italy
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football