Nigeria, England Or Canada : Chelsea Defender Tomori Has Made His ChoicePublished: September 29, 2018
Chelsea defender Fikayo Tomori remains committed to England ahead of the 2019 UEFA European Under-21 Championship in Italy and San Marino.
It is all but confirmed that the Young Lions are guaranteed a spot for the final tournament as they top Group 4 of the U21 Euro qualifiers and need one more point from their remaining two matches to be assured of a place.
Born in Calgary, Canada to Nigerian parents but raised in England, Tomori is eligible to represent the senior national teams of Nigeria, Canada and England, but he is not about to file his one-time allegiance switch to the Super Eagles.
One of the heroes for England as they won the 2017 FIFA U20 World Cup in South Korea, Tomori is a key player for the U21s and has been invited for all their matches since September 2017, racking up eight appearances.
''Nothing has changed on Fikayo Tomori, he is not showing signs of playing for Nigeria yet,'' a top source told allnigeriasoccer.com.
''He is depending on England senior's team, but with what they have now he is not close yet.''
Tomori played three games for Canada U20s before becoming provisionally cap-tied to England in July 2016.
Photo Credit : dcfc.co.uk
Football News 24/7
- Crotone's Simy two goals away from breaking Nigerian record held by ex-Blackburn striker Yakubu
- EFL: Barnsley's Dike, Luton's Adebayo, Bournemouth's Solanke, Wigan's Solomon-Otabor on target
- Azeez involved in Arsenal's final training session before trip to Sheffield United
- Dutch-Nigerian winger Ideho scores third goal in four games for Arsenal U18s in loss to Fulham
- 'They are doing very well' - Victor Moses backing Chelsea to win the Champions League
- Trabzonspor issue medical bulletin on experienced winger Anthony Nwakaeme
- Announcement imminent by Arsenal as talented striker Balogun agrees new multi-year contract
- West Ham striker Odubeko scores hat-trick against former club Manchester United
- Leicester City coach Rodgers on possibility of Iheanacho being long-term successor to Vardy
- Mourinho runs the rule over Nigerian prospect ahead of Tottenham's clash vs Manchester United
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football