Not At All The Fault Of Watford : The Real Reason New Eden Hazard Will Not Debut For NigeriaPublished: November 26, 2018
Allnigeriasoccer.com understands that Watford teenage sensation Jayden Bennetts will not make his international debut for Nigeria at the U20 WAFU Cup in Togo next month and this has nothing to do with the Premier League side blocking the player from representing the Flying Eagles.
In fact, Watford had officially announced with pride that Bennetts was asked to train with the Flying Eagles during the international break in November and the next, ahead of the African Youth Championships in February 2019.
Having scouted him in England, Flying Eagles manager Paul Aigbogun had offered the attacking midfielder a wildcard for the regional tournament but had no choice but to omit him from the roster because he didn't undergo a medical with the national team.
Aigbogun had to submit the squad list last week Saturday and Bennetts had to be certified medically fit to play in the tournament but he was in England.
This website can exclusively report that Watford were willing to release the teenager to the Nigeria Football Federation for the duration of the tournament but the Flying Eagles doctor advised Aigbogun not to include his name because of the aforementioned reason.
Dubbed the new Eden Hazard, Bennetts played the second half of Watford U23s 3-1 win against Coventry City on Friday, and twenty four hours later, he went the distance for the U18s in their 2-0 win vs Bristol City.
Football News 24/7
- Okoye On Why He Chose Nigeria Over Germany, Super Eagles Training, Competition With GKs
- Recovery Session For Super Eagles Starters Vs Benin Iwobi, Ndidi, Ajayi; Musa Trains Fully
- Fenerbahce Looking To Send Victor Moses Back To Chelsea In January
- FC Midtjylland Latest Club To Pass Up Chance To Sign Golden Eagles Striker
- AFCONQ: Musa On Starting On The Bench Against Benin; Rohr Shares Advice From Substantive Captain
- Cypriot Club Move Ahead Of Brentford In Race For Former Nigeria U23 Invitee
- AFCONQ: Ahmed Musa Fears For Some Super Eagles Stars Ahead Of Trip To Lesotho
- 'The Quality We Have Abroad Is Higher' - Rohr Writes Off NPFL Players Chances Of Playing For Eagles
- Rohr Gives Reasons Why He Cap-tied Glasgow Rangers Star In AFCONQ Vs Benin
- How Leicester, Everton, Bordeaux, Lille, Paderborn Reacted To Super Eagles First Post-AFCON Win
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football