Aneke Backs Super Eagles Coach Rohr On Player Invitations For AFCONQ Vs Seychelles, FriendliesPublished: December 04, 2018
Former Nigeria Professional Football League top scorer Jude Aneke has backed the decision of Super Eagles head coach Gernot Rohr to prosecute the last 2019 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier against Seychelles with his regular players that won the AFCON ticket.
Following Nigeria's qualification for next year's tournament, Nigerian football faithful expected the former Burkina Faso coach to face Seychelles with an entirely new team since it is a dead rubber.
"Maybe (Gernot) Rohr doesn't want to be distracted with new players, because I think he has an idea of the kind of players he wants to use," Aneke who broke Ahmed Musa's goals record in the Nigerian league in November 2011 with 20 strikes told allnigeriasoccer.com Tuesday.
"Most of the players for the upcoming matches will be those that played in the World Cup, he will only inject few new faces," Aneke opined.
"Even though Nigeria has qualified, the coach's programme will begin in this last game against Seychelles so it is just reasonable that he continues with the group that he started with.
"This is not time to scout for too many players. Its not ideal when a competition is close," the former Kaduna United, Warri Wolves, Akwa United, Al Masry of Egypt, and now Ikorodu United striker stressed.
Rohr speaking in the aftermath of his team's qualification to the 2019 AFCON insisted that new and fringe players will only get a look-in in the friendlies proposed for the team to play between March and May 2019.
Football News 24/7
- Nigeria U23 Coach Amapakabo In Touch With German-Born Fortuna Dusseldorf Goalkeeper
- Billing Is Huddersfield's Lowest Earning Player Per Minute Played In Premier League
- Rohr Receives Good News From Saudi Arabia Regarding Availability Of Ahmed Musa For AFCONQ
- 'African Zidane' Mikel Named In Championship Team of The Week
- Ex-West Ham Striker Obinna Training With Potenza Ahead Of Potential Transfer
- Swedish-Based Nigerian Midfielder Ruled Out Of Chelsea Vs Malmo Europa League Clash
- Reading Record Buy Aluko Set To Pen Deal With Chinese Club Beijing Renhe
- Guardiola's Brilliant Response To Nigerian Critics For Not Winning UCL Without Messi & Co
- Odemwingie Reveals 70% Of African Players Believe Juju Men More Important Than Doctors, Nigerian Juju Man Treated Broken Arm
- Jordan Aina, Uwakwe, Anjorin Absent As Chelsea Advance To UYL Last Sixteen
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football