South Korean Messi Outshines Super Falcons Striker As Chelsea Thrash Brighton 4-0Published: December 09, 2018
Chelsea Ladies produced a superb display to thrash Brighton & Hove 4-0 in a Women's Super League match held at the Broadfield Stadium on Sunday.
Prolific South Korea international So Yun Ji was on parade for Chelsea, Super Falcons star Ini Umotong played the entirety of the game for the Seagulls while Norway duo Maria Thorisdottir and Maren Mjelde were omitted from the Blues 18.
Umotong came close to breaking the deadlock nine minutes before half-time but her angled effort was saved by the Chelsea goalkeeper.
Brighton frustrated their illustrious visitors for 65 minutes until Magdalena Eriksson opened the scoring.
Dubbed the South Korean Messi, So Yun Ji provided the assist for the second goal scored by Chelsea when a cross from her was headed home by Bethany England in the 69th minute.
On 77 minutes, So Yun Ji made it 3-0, firing a right-footed finish past goalkeeper Hourihan, before England added more gloss to the scoreline in the 90th minute.
So Yun Ji is South Korea's all time top scorer with more than 48 goals in over 100 appearances for the Asians.
The Chelsea number ten is expected to play a pivotal role for South Korea when they face Nigeria at the Fifa Women's World Cup on June 12, 2019.
Photo Credit : chelseafc.com
- Super Falcons ratings: Kanu, Okoronkwo grab headlines; Nnadozie can't be judged; Okwuchukwu one to watch
- Official: MLS club St. Louis City SC exercise 2024 contract option on Nigerian forward
- WAFCONQ: Five takeaways from Super Falcons convincing 5-0 win against Cape Verde
- WAFCONQ Nigeria 5 Cape Verde 0: Kanu and Okoronkwo at the double in Super Falcons convincing win
- Nigeria-eligible winger who trained with Chelsea first team this month nominated for Goal of the Month again
- 'It's a bit annoying' - Fulham CB Bassey reflects on being booked for time-wasting against Arsenal
- 'He comes from the Belgian league' - Bayer chief defends Boniface over his dip in form in Bundesliga
- Super Eagles drop two spots in latest Fifa rankings after draws against Lesotho and Zimbabwe
- 'Shows I'm doing the right things' - Nathan Tella admits selection for Super Eagles has given him confidence
- Napoli coach Walter Mazzarri reveals exactly why Osimhen did not start 4-2 defeat to Real Madrid
Football News 24/7
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football