In-form Quartet Abraham, Okenabirhie, Maja, Akinde, On Target For Aston Villa, Shrewsbury, Sunderland, Lincoln CityPublished: December 15, 2018
Catch up on the players of Nigerian descent that were on target for their EFL clubs on Saturday, December 15.
Despite falling behind twice, Aston Villa were able to get a share of the spoils in a 2-2 draw with Oghenekaro Etebo's Stoke City at Villa Park.
Chelsea loanee Tammy Abraham fired home from the spot in the 73rd minute to bring the scoreline to 1-1. It was his eighth goal in his last six matches in the Championship.
Let's go to Montgomery Waters Meadow, it finished all square between Shrewsbury Town and Peterborough United (2-2).
Former Arsenal youth-teamer Fejiri Okenabirhie slotted home from a tight angle to give The Blues a 2-1 lead just before the hour mark.
Okenabirhie, who was once on the radar of the Nigerian Federation before debuting for England C, has scored in each of his last five games in League One.
Remaining in the division, the highly coveted teenager, Josh Maja now has three goals in his last four matches after scoring for Sunderland in their 2-1 win vs Bristol Rovers at the Stadium of Light.
The 19-year-old fired home three minutes after the interval following a weighted pass from a teammate.
In League Two, John Akinde helped Lincoln City beat Morecambe 3-1 at Sincil Bank Stadium in Lincolnshire. He converted a spot kick in the 33rd minute to make it 2-0.
The former Barnet and Wycombe Wanderers man has tallied three goals in his last five games in the fourth tier.
Photo Credit : safc.com
Football News 24/7
- Man Utd, Liverpool, Man City, Aston Villa Run The Rule Over Chelsea, Spurs Starlets Of Nigerian Descent
- Photo Confirmation : Ex-Falkenberg Star Egbuchulam Completes Move To Suwon FC Worth N432M
- Chelsea Have A Big Decision To Make As Nigerian Defender's Stock Continues To Rise
- Official : US Alessandria Recall Akammadu From Loan Spell At Tranmere Rovers
- Real Madrid Attacking Midfielder Eligible For Nigeria Makes Debut For Spain
- Cesc Fabregas Confirms Ex-Super Eagles Star Convinced Him To Join Monaco
- Why Watford Super Kid Dubbed The New Eden Hazard Left Nigeria U20 Camp
- Harry Kane Injury : Why Watford's Isaac Success Could Be A Good Fit For Tottenham Hotspur
- Aston Villa's Dutch-Nigerian Starlet Too Hot For Reading To Handle In FA Youth Cup
- Nigerian Striker Not Going Back To Chelsea As Wolves Miss Out On Signature
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football