Official : Roma's Sadiq Returns From Loan Spell With Scottish Club RangersPublished: January 03, 2019
Former Nigeria international Umar Sadiq has returned from his loan spell with Scottish Premiership giants Rangers, informs Tuttomercatoweb citing the official website of the Lega Calcio.
Both Rangers and Roma have not communicated that their agreement has been cancelled six months before its expiration but the Lega Calcio website has reported that the Nigerian is back in the Giallorossi team.
Steven Gerrard, coach of Rangers, rarely used Sadiq in competitive matches. The striker logged only 13 minutes in the Premiership.
Roma has to find a new team for the young player before the close of the transfer window and it is believed Serie B side Perugia are in pole position to sign him on loan for the remainder of the season.
Since joining Roma in 2015, the Football College Abuja product has spent time on loan at Bologna, Torino, NAC Breda and Rangers as he has not been able to break into the first team of the Giallorossi.
The January transfer window officially opened for business in Italy on Thursday, January 3.
Photo Credit : rangers.co.uk
Football News 24/7
- Substitution that raised eyebrows : Palace coach explains why Eze was taken off at half-time vs Tottenham
- Almeria's Sadiq, Racing Genk's Onuachu score again for European clubs
- Osimhen marks return from injury with brilliant counter-attack goal in Napoli's win vs Bologna
- Ex-Palace striker baffled by Hodgson's decision to substitute Eze at half-time vs Tottenham Hotspur
- Super Eagles duo Balogun, Aribo React As Rangers are crowned champions after Celtic fail to win
- Crotone's Super Eagles striker hits double figures in Serie A for the first time after brace vs Torino
- Ex-Chelsea captain on what pleased him about Tosin's performance in Fulham's win vs Liverpool
- Liverpool hero McManaman reveals how Fulham striker Maja caused problems for the Reds defence
- Chelsea release promising Nigerian midfielder ahead of 2021-2022 season
- Super Eagles striker Osimhen named in Napoli's 24-man provisional squad to face Bologna
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football