Rohr Offers An Explanation Why Super Eagles Star Kalu Suffered An Injury RelapsePublished: April 17, 2019
Samuel Kalu has appeared in only two league matches for Bordeaux in the last two months and is struggling to be in tiptop condition before Gernor Rohr submits his provisional roster for the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations.
The Super Eagles manager has revealed that the winger suffered a relapse because he was desperate to return to action and it was also partly caused by the kidnapping episode involving his mom.
''It was an elongation, at the limit of a small tear. He wanted to return a little too fast and with the fatigue accumulated by the anxiety for his mother and the sleepless nights, he suffered a relapse,'' said Rohr to French regional newspaper Sud Ouest.
''He came back to take care of his family, he found them a house in an isolated and safe place and moved them.
''Bordeaux have shown a lot of understanding and have been reactive to help him.''
Rohr is hoping to see Kalu return to action as he is a key player for Bordeaux and the Nigeria National Team.
The German added : ''He was slowed by his injury, but I'm sure he will bring something more. He is important for us too.''
Kalu pulled out of the Nigeria squad for the matches against Egypt and Seychelles last month due to his latest ailment, a hamstring injury.
Football News 24/7
- Ex-Liverpool Striker Diouf Tips Egypt; Warns Nigeria, Senegal Of Difficult AFCON
- The Patriotic Mission That Awaits Iwobi in Nigeria's Pursuit Of Arsenal Starlets
- Rangers Boss Gerrard Hands Debut To 17-Year-Old Dapo Mebude
- 25-Goal Nigeria-Eligible Striker To Remain At Chelsea Next Season If Transfer Ban Is Not Overturned
- Arsenal Looking To Extend Contract Of Nigerian Winger Wanted By Bayern Munich
- Nigerians React As Oshoala Enters Barcelona History Books
- All For Ambode: Kanu, Diouf, Obafemi Martins, AY Dazzle As Super Eagles Legends, African XI Thrill Lagos In Draw
- Man Utd Fans Want Solskjaer To Sign Ndidi,Three Years After Mourinho Was Blocked From Signing Nigeria Star
- 2019 U20 World Cup : Flying Eagles Fly Out To Katowice 1135 Hours; 22 Players On The Plane
- Nigeria Should Have Played U17 AFCON Final : CAF Bans Guinea From Two Editions, Fined $100,000, Medals To Be Returned Within 21 Days
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football