Chelsea Wing Wizard Pulls Out Of Nigeria Squad Ahead Of World CupPublished: August 27, 2019
Allnigeriasoccer.com can exclusively report that Chelsea wing wizard Adrian Akande will not be representing Nigeria at the 2019 FIFA U17 World Cup.
The highly-rated teenager was officially invited to attend the Nigeria U17 training camp ahead of their trip to Brazil but has been forced to pull out of the squad because of club commitments.
Akande has not received the green light from his parent club Chelsea to travel to Abuja to link up with the Golden Eaglets.
The 15-year-old has been training with West Ham ahead of a possible departure from Stamford Bridge and has debuted in the Premier League 2 and U18 Premier League in the new season.
Arsenal attacking midfielder Malcolm Ebiowei, who has received an invitation from the Nigerian Federation, is also likely to withdraw from the Nigeria squad due to personal reasons, coupled with the fact that he is on the radar of the English Football Association.
Another foreign-based player invited to the Golden Eaglets squad, SV Eintracht Trier 05 goalkeeper Armin Olayo has not yet reported for duty but his failure to attend the camp has nothing to do with the German club not releasing him.
Meanwhile, Aston Villa central defender Iffy Udanoh has started training with the Golden Eaglets in Abuja.
Football News 24/7
- Stoke City boss tells Mikel he hopes to get 'that player on loan from Chelsea' again next season
- Man Utd's Nigerian striker reaches double figures in goals and assists after hat-trick vs Boro U18s
- Super Eagles dazzler Chidera Ejuke back on the scoresheet for CSKA Moscow
- 2003-born Sparta Rotterdam striker Emegha dedicates first professional goal to deceased teammate
- 'Toyed with Sheffield United whole game' - Ex-Chelsea stars hail Palace's Eze after sensational display
- Napoli striker Osimhen highlighted as one of the top 5 talents in Europe after brace vs Spezia
- Championship final day : Watford's Success, Reading's Olise, Wycombe's Onyedinma on target
- Bucchi says Osimhen is physically superior to Higuain but ex-Chelsea striker better in one area
- Why Nigerian-born midfielder was omitted from Arsenal squad against West Ham in PL2
- Champions League-chasing Atalanta join Sevilla in race for 26-goal striker Sadiq
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football