How The English Press Rated Saka After Arsenal's 1-1 Draw Against Sheffield UnitedPublished: January 19, 2020
Arsenal youngster Bukayo Saka was arguably the best player Saturday evening in the Gunners' 1-1 draw against Sheffield United at the Emirates Stadium.
Gabriel Martinelli put Mikel Arteta's team ahead with Saka involved in the build-up before halftime while Nicolas Pepe was denied a clear penalty before John Fleck equalised for the Blades in the 83rd minute to leave Arsenal with 29 points from 23 games and still placed 10th in the table.
The Arsenal players were rated as is customary by leading media outlets in England and these are some of their views about the player with Nigerian heritage.
Daily Express wrote:
"Bukayo Saka - 6.
"Another steady performance covering at left-back, provided the assist for Martinelli.
Evening Standard also rated Saka with a 6/10 for his performance.
"A brilliant performance from an 18-year-old playing out of position. Assisted the opening goal and marauded forward with purpose on numerous occasions.
AllArsenal.com went a nudge higher in their assessment of the Nigerian who has represented England at the youth levels.
"Bukayo Saka – 7.5.
"He was probably Arsenal's best performer on the day. Bukayo Saka played at left-back in a back four once again but he coped well at the back.
"Moving forward, he was just as impressive. Saka produced a couple of wonderful crosses including the assist for the opening goal."
Saka could also be in action Tuesday night as Arsenal travel to Stamford Bridge to face Chelsea due to the injuries to Kieran Tierney and Saed Kolasinac.
Photo Credit : arsenal.com
Football News 24/7
- Middlesbrough Coach Explains Why Akpom's Goal On Debut Will Do Him A World Of Good
- Tottenham Hotspur Hand Trial To Nigerian Defender Formerly With London Rivals Arsenal
- Chelsea Hero Mikel Provides Game-winning Assist For Stoke City In Win Vs Preston North End
- EPL Wrap : Eze Full Debut; Ajayi & West Brom Throw Away 3-0 Lead Vs Chelsea; Iwobi Subbed In; Ighalo Not In 18
- 'He'll Be A Great Asset For Us' - Wycombe Boss Admits Everton's Adeniran Was Signed To Replace Ofoborh
- Reading Running The Rule Over Released Man Utd Defender Nkwonta Ahead Of Potential Transfer
- Sodje's Nephew Scores First Competitive Hat-trick To Inspire Man City To 3-1 Win Vs Liverpool U18
- 1994 AFCON Winner Ekoku Blames Brighton's Poor Game Management For Loss To Man Utd
- First Squad Involvement For Chelsea's Attacking Fullback Abu In U18 Premier League
- 'He Is Playing Very, Very Well With Nigeria' - Rohr Backs Bordeaux's Kalu To Rediscover Form
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football