Exclusive : Ndidi Named In Leicester City Traveling Squad Vs Norwich City But Starts On BenchPublished: February 28, 2020
Allnigeriasoccer.com can exclusively report that Wilfred Ndidi has been included in Leicester City's traveling squad for their English Premier League clash against Norwich City at Carrow Road on Friday night.
Ndidi making the traveling roster would be excellent news for Super Eagles coach Gernot Rohr, with the German set to announce his squad list for next month's 2021 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying matches against Sierra Leone as from next week.
The Nigeria international midfielder has failed to make Leicester City's squad for a Premier League game since January 22 after suffering a reaction to a knee operation he had last month.
Manager Brendan Rodgers is being cautious this time around and has opted to name Ndidi among his seven substitutes to face the Canaries, barring a last minute change.
The number 25 was rushed back from injury, only to suffer a relapse after playing just two matches in all competitions.
Ndidi is suffering the consequences of being overused for club and country.
After an energy sapping 2018 World Cup, he went on to feature in all the Premier League games contested by Leicester City during the 2018-2019 season, before representing the Super Eagles at the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations, where he was involved in all the matches.
Photo Credit : lcfc.com
Football News 24/7
- Arsenal Battling Tottenham, Chelsea, Manchester United, Spanish & Italian Clubs For Super Eagles Star?
- Club Brugge's Dennis Now The 3rd Most Valuable Player In Belgium, Ranked 5th Among Nigerians
- Leicester City Have Not Received An Official Approach From Barcelona Over Ndidi
- Coronavirus : Super Eagles Star Kalu Gets Permission From Bordeaux To Return To Nigeria
- 'Even If He's Nigeria Coach, He Still Has Ties With Girondins' - Rohr Named Among Top 5 Legendary Bordeaux Players
- Van Vossen's Ajax Best XI : Finidi In But Five Nigerians Miss Out Including Kanus, Oliseh
- Mourinho's Best XI He Has Coached : The Four Nigerian Stars Snubbed By Portuguese Super Coach
- Ex-Spurs Coach Pochettino Watched Arsenal Striker Balogun Score Brace Vs Manchester City U23
- The Three Biggest Losers From The Coronavirus Pandemic Fallout In Super Eagles
- Players Who Have Earned 20 Caps Or More While Chelsea Players : Four Nigerians Among 62 Players
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football