EFL : QPR's Eze Extends Scoring Record; Shrewsbury Town's Udoh Strikes Again; Walsall's Adebayo With BracePublished: March 07, 2020
Catch up on the players of Nigerian descent on target for their English Football League clubs on Saturday evening.
Former Super Eagles invitee Eberechi Eze has been involved in an impressive 20 goals (12 goals, 8 assists) in 37 Championship matches after finding the net and providing an assist to help Queens Park Rangers register a dramatic 3-1 win against Preston North End.
QPR captain Grant Hall headed home Eze's free-kick to bring the visitors back on level terms just past the hour mark.
With the scoreboard reading 2-1, the Nigerian Federation target extinguished any hopes the Lilywhites had of staging a comeback when he curled the ball into the bottom corner to double QPR's advantage.
Eze is having his best scoring season with more than half of his league goals as a professional coming in this campaign. In the previous three seasons, he found the net 11 times.
There was one goal to report in the League One and it was scored by former Golden Eaglets invitee Daniel Udoh as Shrewsbury Town fell to a 3-2 defeat at home to Oxford United.
Udoh opened the scoring after twelve minutes with a first time finish from close range, his second goal in as many games.
Finally in the League Two, former Fulham youth-teamer Elijah Adebayo bagged a second half brace as Walsall beat Exeter City 3-1 at Banks's Stadium.
On 71 minutes, Adebayo restored Walsall's one-goal lead when he headed home a cross, before tapping in from close range to make it 3-1 in the third minute of stoppage time.
Photo Credit : qpr.co.uk
Football News 24/7
- Babajide Sends Message To FA As Liverpool Are Relegated To Women's Championship
- AEK Athens, Besiktas In Talks With Released Wolverhampton Wanderers Striker?
- Former Sporting Charleroi Coach Points Out The Strengths And Weaknesses Of Osimhen
- 'One Of The Proudest Moments Of My Career' - Liverpool-Born Midfielder On Playing For Nigeria
- Norwegian-Nigerian Striker Anene Departs League Two Club Crewe Alexandra
- Photo : 18-Year-old Nigeria-Eligible Starlet Trains With Chelsea First Team
- Official : Wolfsburg's Felix Uduokhai Joins Augsburg On A Permanent Deal
- Premier League-Linked Striker Osimhen Compared To Ex-Man Utd Star By Former Coach
- Confirmed : Ex-Nigeria U23 Invitee Osaze Extends Contract With Sheffield Wednesday
- Exciting Winger Saka Name-checked Among 'Real Good Talents' At Arsenal
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football