Arsenal Unlikely To Revive Interest In Eagles Star Due To Emergence Of Bukayo SakaPublished: August 04, 2020
Arsenal are unlikely to make a bid for unsettled Crystal Palace winger Wilfried Zaha this summer, according to reports.
The Sun UK says Zaha moving to the Gunners is looking unlikely due to the emergence of Anglo-Nigerian starlet Bukayo Saka.
The Eagles winger was heavily linked with a move to the Emirates Stadium last summer but a transfer did not come to fruition and other interested clubs notably Everton could not meet his asking price of 80 million pounds.
The Toffees later signed Alex Iwobi as a cheaper alternative to the Ivory Coast international, though the Hale End Academy product was sold for £35m, including bonuses, in what was then a Nigerian transfer record before it was recently surpassed by Victor Osimhen, who joined Napoli for an initial 70 million euros.
The departure of Iwobi and failure to sign Zaha saw Saka climb up the pecking order at Arsenal.
The 18-year-old started the 2019-20 season as a left winger but showed his versatility by playing in a variety of positions including left-back, left wing-back, left midfielder and right winger as the season progressed.
Arsenal Player of the Season nominee, Saka made 38 appearances in all competitions in his breakout season.
Photo Credit : arsenal.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- First Squad Involvement For Chelsea's Attacking Fullback Abu In U18 Premier League
- 'He Is Playing Very, Very Well With Nigeria' - Rohr Backs Bordeaux's Kalu To Rediscover Form
- Fulham-Bound Winger Lookman Left Out Of RB Leipzig Squad To Face Bayer Leverkusen
- Balogun Among 3 Nigerian-Eligible Players Involved In Arsenal First Team Training Pre-Liverpool
- Done Deal : Atalanta's Italian-Nigerian Center Back Okoli Joins SPAL On Loan
- Man Utd Legend Yorke In Attendance As Shoretire Makes Full Debut In 8-Goal Thriller Vs Liverpool U23
- The Reason Anjorin Has Not Played For Chelsea Teams In The New Season
- Zidane Drops Akinlabi From Real Madrid Squad Vs Betis Despite Training With First Team On Friday
- 'He Felt Some Pain There Towards End Of Last Season' - Leicester Boss Confirms Surgery For Ndidi
- Confirmed : Nigeria-Eligible Striker Signs New Three-Year Deal With Leicester City
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football