Former Arsenal Goalkeeper Assists Victor Osimhen To Score His First Goal In Serie APublished: October 17, 2020
It has taken Nigeria international Victor Osimhen only 161 minutes spread across three matches to open his goalscoring account in the Serie A, allnigeriasoccer.com reports.
Napoli's record acquisition in history bagged his first goal in the Italian top-flight as the Blues thrashed Atalanta 4-1 at Stadio San Paolo on Saturday afternoon.
Osimhen fired blanks on his debut vs Parma on September 20 and also failed to score when he made his first start against Genoa the following weekend.
It was going so well for Napoli inside 30 minutes with Hirving Lozano netting a brace and an additional tally from Matteo Politano giving them a 3-0 lead and the scoreline became more emphatic when Osimhen added a fourth.
In the 43rd minute, the Super Eagles star chested a long ball upfield from former Arsenal goalkeeper David Ospina, then turned and drilled low into the bottom corner.
Atalanta pulled a goal back through Sam Lammers in the 69th minute but it only ended up being a consolation goal.
Osimhen made way for Andrea Petagna with eight minutes remaining.
Photo Credit : sscnapoli.it
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Arsenal manager Arteta identifies two unique qualities of 'hungry boy' Folarin Balogun
- Genk name asking price for Onuachu; expected to cost more than ex-stars Ndidi, De Bruyne, Benteke
- Nigeria Football Federation in contact with Iwobi over move for Crystal Palace and Liverpool wingers
- Anjorin involved in Chelsea's final training session ahead of blockbuster FA Cup clash vs Man City
- Edozie on target as Manchester City thrash Manchester United 3-0 in Premier League 2
- Fulham boss Parker confirms Super Eagles target Lookman will be fit to face Arsenal
- Ex-Man City star Onuoha baffled as to why NFF miss out on dual-eligible players to England
- 'I understand the passion' - Everton winger Iwobi on if he has grown to hate Liverpool yet
- Udinese and Genoa go head-to-head for Crotone's all-time top scorer Simy
- Leicester striker Iheanacho on his form and breaking FA Cup record held by Chelsea icon Drogba
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football