Rashford, Greenwood, Martial Will Learn From Cavani As They Do From Ighalo, Says FredPublished: October 24, 2020
Manchester United's Brazil international Fred is convinced that young strikers Marcus Rashford, Anthony Martial and Mason Greenwood can learn from Edinson Cavani just as they do from Odion Ighalo.
The Red Devils bolstered their attacking ranks with the capture of the 33-year-odl Uruguay marksman on transfer deadline day and Fred believes the experience of the former PSG striker will come in handy and can be passed down to the young strikers in the team.
Prior to the arrival of Cavani, his rival for one of an attacking role, Ighalo, 31, was the third oldest outfield player behind midfielders Nemanja Matic and Juan Mata.
"Of course, Cavani is older, more experienced [than our other strikers], so I’m sure Marcus [Rashford], Mason [Greenwood] and Anthony [Martial] will learn from him in that position – as they do from Odion Ighalo, too," Fred said to United Review.
"The players there will learn as he’s a bit more experienced. I watch the more experienced players in my position and I look to see what they’re doing, right or wrong, to learn from them.
"I’m sure they [our forwards] will learn from Cavani as well, in the same way they have learnt from Odion and other centre-forwards. He’s come to help, to add to the team, and I’m certain he’ll contribute a lot."
Based on manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's last four matchday squads in the Premier League, Ighalo has fallen down the pecking order of strikers as he has not been involved since their opening match of the season against Crystal Palace.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Super Eagles Defender Omeruo Still On The Mend, Omitted From Leganes Matchday Squad
- Snapped : Teenage Nigeria-Eligible Striker Involved In Arsenal Final Workout Pre-Wolves
- Man City's Sodje Takes Season's Tally To Eight League Goals With Brace Vs Sunderland U18s
- Tottenham-Owned Goalkeeper Of Nigerian Descent Gets His First Minutes In Men's Football
- 'Leeds Created Loads Of Chances From It' -Ex-Bournemouth Coach Admits Iwobi Was Targeted
- Osimhen At Risk Of Missing Clash Vs Roma As Napoli Issue Fresh Update
- Barcelona Academy Product Bobby Adekanye Finally Debuts In La Liga
- Super Eagles Hopeful Ejaria Scores, Olise Assists As Reading Return To Winning Ways
- Hoogewerf Scores First Hat-trick For Manchester United Youth Team
- Orlando City's Young Sensation Eligible For Nigeria, USA Targeting National Team Call-Up
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football