Chukwueze Wins Penalty As Villarreal Share Spoils With La Liga Champions Real MadridPublished: November 21, 2020
In their first game after the international break, Villarreal were held to a 1-1 draw by current La Liga champions Real Madrid at the Estadio de la Ceramica on Saturday evening, allnigeriasoccer.com reports.
Following his late return from international duty with the Super Eagles and having trained with the squad just once on Friday afternoon, Samuel Chukwueze had to settle for a place on the bench.
Los Blancos took the lead in the second minute as Mariano out-jumped his marker to plant a header past goalkeeper Sergio Asenjo and the goal was given after a VAR review although the flag had gone up for offside.
With Villarreal struggling to break open the Real Madrid defence, manager Unai Emery brought on the Nigeria international on the hour mark and it proved to be an inspired substitution.
Gerard Moreno leveled things up when he converted a spot kick with fourteen minutes left on the clock.
Chukwueze won a penalty after he was clipped by Real Madrid goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois in the area.
Next up for Chukwueze and his teammates is an away game against Maccabi Tel Aviv in the UEFA Europa League on Thursday, November 25.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Super Eagles Defender Omeruo Still On The Mend, Omitted From Leganes Matchday Squad
- Snapped : Teenage Nigeria-Eligible Striker Involved In Arsenal Final Workout Pre-Wolves
- Man City's Sodje Takes Season's Tally To Eight League Goals With Brace Vs Sunderland U18s
- Tottenham-Owned Goalkeeper Of Nigerian Descent Gets His First Minutes In Men's Football
- 'Leeds Created Loads Of Chances From It' -Ex-Bournemouth Coach Admits Iwobi Was Targeted
- Osimhen At Risk Of Missing Clash Vs Roma As Napoli Issue Fresh Update
- Barcelona Academy Product Bobby Adekanye Finally Debuts In La Liga
- Super Eagles Hopeful Ejaria Scores, Olise Assists As Reading Return To Winning Ways
- Hoogewerf Scores First Hat-trick For Manchester United Youth Team
- Orlando City's Young Sensation Eligible For Nigeria, USA Targeting National Team Call-Up
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football