Chukwueze Wins Penalty As Villarreal Share Spoils With La Liga Champions Real MadridPublished: November 21, 2020
In their first game after the international break, Villarreal were held to a 1-1 draw by current La Liga champions Real Madrid at the Estadio de la Ceramica on Saturday evening, allnigeriasoccer.com reports.
Following his late return from international duty with the Super Eagles and having trained with the squad just once on Friday afternoon, Samuel Chukwueze had to settle for a place on the bench.
Los Blancos took the lead in the second minute as Mariano out-jumped his marker to plant a header past goalkeeper Sergio Asenjo and the goal was given after a VAR review although the flag had gone up for offside.
With Villarreal struggling to break open the Real Madrid defence, manager Unai Emery brought on the Nigeria international on the hour mark and it proved to be an inspired substitution.
Gerard Moreno leveled things up when he converted a spot kick with fourteen minutes left on the clock.
Chukwueze won a penalty after he was clipped by Real Madrid goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois in the area.
Next up for Chukwueze and his teammates is an away game against Maccabi Tel Aviv in the UEFA Europa League on Thursday, November 25.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool interested in 2019 AFCON winner
- Germany's Musiala fails to break World Cup record held by Nigeria legend but sets two new ones
- 'Hope Potter is watching', 'Has been superb' - Nigerians react to Ziyech's display for Morocco
- World Cup 2022 : Ex-Super Eagles star reveals how Morocco must approach round of 16 game
- 'Osimhen would have been like Maradona in 1986' - Pinnick regrets Nigeria's absence in Qatar
- Five Super Eagles players that needed World Cup 2022 in Qatar as shop window
- PL Intl Cup : Anglo-Nigerian CB reveals positives from Arsenal defeat to Sparta Prague
- Premier League clubs monitoring the situation of Chelsea Academy product Aina
- Qatar based football agent pledges to support Nigeria's Emiloju FC
- Man Utd legend admits Bassey has not yet reached the level of Lisandro Martínez
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football