Ex-Chelsea Star Praises Lookman For Brilliant Assist In Fulham's Draw Against TottenhamPublished: January 13, 2021
Fulham got a valuable point in their fight for Premier League survival after sharing the spoils with Tottenham Hotspur in north London on Wednesday night.
Four players of Nigerian descent, all wearing the jersey of the Cottagers, were on parade at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, with Ola Aina and Tosin Adarabioyo going the full ninety, while Ademola Lookman and Spurs old boy Josh Onomah entered the game as substitutes in the 67th and 90th minute respectively.
Harry Kane scored the opening goal in the 25th minute, a perfect header to set Jose Mourinho's team on their way.
Tottenham Hotspur were punished for not putting the game to bed in the second half as Ivan Cavaleiro restored parity via a header after he was set up by Lookman in the 74th minute.
Speaking during commentary on the Premier League world feed, former Chelsea midfielder Andy Townsend praised the RB Leipzig loanee for his excellent delivery into the box.
"Lovely ball down the line from Robinson to Lookman, watch the speed there to take him to the byline, then he sends a beautiful cross out, just as good as what we saw from Reguilón because it drops right onto the head of Cavaleiro just in between those two defenders Eric Dier and Reguilón the left-back, and he leaps high and majestically and gets a good header on that, powers that past Hugo Lloris. Fulham deserve to be back in the tie," said Townsend.
Fulham are unbeaten in their last five games, playing five draws on the spin, in the top-flight but are still in the bottom three with 12 points from sixteen matches.
Photo Credit : fulhamfc.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Nigerian Left-Back Poised To Leave Manchester City After Nine Years
- Arsenal Willing To Let Balogun Leave In January; Striker Wants To Play In Europe's Top 5 Leagues
- 'At Chelsea It Was Really Good' - Fulham's Aina Has Fond Memories Of His Time At Stamford Bridge
- England Move To Beat Nigeria To Promising Arsenal Goalkeeper Brian Okonkwo
- Iwobi Makes EPL Team Of The Week Alongside Man Utd, Man City, Tottenham Hotspur Stars
- Manchester United Striker Ighalo Evaluating Offers From Italian Serie A Clubs
- 'Arsenal Have Loads Of Quality' - Ex-Gunners Trainee Eze Pleased Crystal Palace Took A Point
- Cologne Sporting Director Pours Cold Water On Reports Linking Ehizibue With Fiorentina
- Transfer Market Guru Reveals RB Leipzig Have Made No Bid To Sign Arsenal Striker Balogun
- 'He Showed His Quality' - Fulham Goalscorer Vs Spurs On Lookman's Impact Off Bench
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football