Ex-Chelsea Star Praises Lookman For Brilliant Assist In Fulham's Draw Against TottenhamPublished: January 13, 2021
Fulham got a valuable point in their fight for Premier League survival after sharing the spoils with Tottenham Hotspur in north London on Wednesday night.
Four players of Nigerian descent, all wearing the jersey of the Cottagers, were on parade at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, with Ola Aina and Tosin Adarabioyo going the full ninety, while Ademola Lookman and Spurs old boy Josh Onomah entered the game as substitutes in the 67th and 90th minute respectively.
Harry Kane scored the opening goal in the 25th minute, a perfect header to set Jose Mourinho's team on their way.
Tottenham Hotspur were punished for not putting the game to bed in the second half as Ivan Cavaleiro restored parity via a header after he was set up by Lookman in the 74th minute.
Speaking during commentary on the Premier League world feed, former Chelsea midfielder Andy Townsend praised the RB Leipzig loanee for his excellent delivery into the box.
"Lovely ball down the line from Robinson to Lookman, watch the speed there to take him to the byline, then he sends a beautiful cross out, just as good as what we saw from Reguilón because it drops right onto the head of Cavaleiro just in between those two defenders Eric Dier and Reguilón the left-back, and he leaps high and majestically and gets a good header on that, powers that past Hugo Lloris. Fulham deserve to be back in the tie," said Townsend.
Fulham are unbeaten in their last five games, playing five draws on the spin, in the top-flight but are still in the bottom three with 12 points from sixteen matches.
Photo Credit : fulhamfc.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Former Nigeria U17 invitee named in a Chelsea gameday squad for the first time this season
- Brighton & Hove boss remembers Bolton Wanders was an exciting side with Jay-Jay Okocha
- EFL : Luton Town's Adebayo, Carlisle United's Kayode, Shrewsbury Town's Udoh find the net
- Derby County beat Premier League clubs to sign Fapetu As Midfielder Departs Arsenal after ten years
- Nigerian midfielder makes competitive debut for Manchester United U18 in loss to Derby County
- Samuel Kalu's goal not enough as Bordeaux lose to Metz in Ligue 1
- Rohr's close friend happy about decision of Musiala to choose Germany over Nigeria, England
- Super Eagles striker Maja gives reasons for rejoining Fulham in winter transfer market
- Ex-Bayern Munich left-back who models his game after David Alaba making waves at SC Freiburg
- Light at the end of the tunnel for Arsenal-owned midfielder Olayinka six weeks after his last match
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football