German Club RB Leipzig Chasing Leicester City's Nigeria InternationalPublished: January 20, 2021
According to celebrated German newspaper Bild (via Fussballtransfers) , German Bundesliga club RB Leipzig are interested in signing Nigeria international Kelechi Iheanacho.
RB Leipzig have shortlisted three potential attackers to sign on a loan deal until the end of the season, namely Iheanacho, Liverpool's Divock Origi and OGC Nice's Kasper Dolberg.
The 2013 U17 World Cup Golden Ball winner has played second fiddle to Jamie Vardy since his arrival at the King Power Stadium from Manchester City in the summer of 2017 and that is unlikely to change soon as the former England star is still firing on all cylinders despite his age.
Of his 107 appearances in a Foxes shirt, Iheanacho has started fifty and has found the net on 23 occasions.
RB Leipzig is the parent club of attack-minded Nigerian duo Ademola Lookman and Noah Ohio, who have been loaned out to Fulham and Vitesse Arnhem respectively.
Iheanacho, 24, has a contract with Leicester City until the end of the 2021-2022 season.
Photo Credit : lcfc.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Super Eagles defender Balogun undergoes late fitness test ahead of Glasgow Rangers vs St Mirren
- Nigeria And Napoli handed Osimhen injury boost as striker receives medical green light
- Rodgers reveals Iheanacho will be important for Leicester City in last eleven Premier League games
- Balogun fit enough to make bench, Azeez returns from injury as Arsenal, Southampton B play out draw
- Leicester coach hints at permitting Iheanacho, Ndidi to link up with Super Eagles for AFCONQ
- Photo Confirmation : Chelsea-reared midfielder Musiala inks new contract with Bayern Munich
- Ndidi tells Leicester coach he wants to be in midfield, happy to assist Iheanacho score stunning volley
- Teenage Nigeria-eligible goalkeeper returns to Arsenal training after more than a month out with injury
- 'Very contentious decision' - Josh Maja gives his take on disallowed goal vs Tottenham Hotspur
- Denmark defender urges Super Eagles striker to shun Glasgow Celtic for Premier League or Bundesliga
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football