Iwobi joint top dribbler in Everton's 1-0 win vs Southampton after entering game as sub in 87th minutePublished: March 02, 2021
Everton registered a hard-fought 1-0 win against Southampton at Goodison Park on Monday night with two Hale End Academy products of Nigerian descent entering the game as substitutes.
While Nathan Tella was introduced in the 63rd minute, Alex Iwobi came off the bench in the 87th minute, replacing André Gomes in a tactical substitution.
The Super Eagles playmaker appears to have lost his place in the Toffees starting lineup, having started one of their last five matches in the Premier League.
Richarlison's ninth minute goal was enough for Everton to secure all three points.
The Brazilian striker rounded goalkeeper Forster and finished into the far corner after a pinpoint pass from Gylfi Sigurdsson.
According to stats from Whoscored.com, Iwobi was the joint top dribbler despite spending around six minutes (including stoppage time) on the pitch, completing three take-ons along with Everton teammates Abdoulaye Doucouré and Gomes.
Everton remain seventh in the Premier League standings but are two points off West Ham who occupy the last Champions League spot and have a game in hand.
Photo Credit : evertonfc.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- EFL: Barnsley's Dike, Luton's Adebayo, Bournemouth's Solanke, Wigan's Solomon-Otabor on target
- Azeez involved in Arsenal's final training session before trip to Sheffield United
- Dutch-Nigerian winger Ideho scores third goal in four games for Arsenal U18s in loss to Fulham
- 'They are doing very well' - Victor Moses backing Chelsea to win the Champions League
- Trabzonspor issue medical bulletin on experienced winger Anthony Nwakaeme
- Announcement imminent by Arsenal as talented striker Balogun agrees new multi-year contract
- West Ham striker Odubeko scores hat-trick against former club Manchester United
- Leicester City coach Rodgers on possibility of Iheanacho being long-term successor to Vardy
- Mourinho runs the rule over Nigerian prospect ahead of Tottenham's clash vs Manchester United
- Official : Super Eagles central defender inks new contract with Scottish champions Rangers
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football