Glasgow Rangers midfielder Aribo doubtful for Super Eagles AFCONQ vs LesothoPublished: March 29, 2021
Glasgow Rangers midfielder Joe Aribo has been rated as doubtful to make his eighth appearance for the Super Eagles in Tuesday's dead-rubber 2021 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying match against Lesotho at the Teslim Balogun Stadium.
The former Charlton Athletic star is battling to overcome a stomach issue less than twenty four hours before the tie against the Crocodiles.
Aribo has emerged as a key player for the Super Eagles since starring on his debut against Ukraine, starting every single game they have played in the Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers so far.
Speaking at the end of training on Monday, Rohr said : "The training was okay, we had a long time to come here because of the traffic but the training was okay, we trained for one hour and fifteen minutes of good work.
"Unfortunately there is one player Joe Aribo who has stomach problems so we are not sure he'll play tomorrow. "
Semi Ajayi, Wilfred Ndidi, Oghenekaro Etebo and Abdullahi Shehu are the other players classed as midfielders in the Nigeria squad for this month's matches.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Racing Genk demanding 30m euros if two-time Italian champions want to sign Onuachu
- What Iheanacho and Ndidi said after Leicester City's FA Cup win against Chelsea
- Southampton coach labels Super Eagles target 'biggest talent we have' after first EPL goal, assist
- Onuachu scores again, Dessers ends long wait for goal as Racing Genk beat Anderlecht
- Ndidi and Iheanacho hailed by ex-Man Utd striker after Leicester's FA Cup win vs Chelsea
- Leicester City hero : Vardy will be happy Iheanacho is scoring from his assists
- CD Feirense proud of Marcus' inclusion in Super Eagles provisional squad for friendly vs Cameroon
- UEFA Announces New Venue for the Champions League Final
- Nigeria captain named in Barcelona squad to face Chelsea in Women's Champions League final
- Millwall, QPR, Bristol City, Charlton considering move for Arsenal-reared Super Eagles hopeful
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football