Ancelotti gives reason for not including Iwobi in Everton's matchday squad vs Crystal PalacePublished: April 05, 2021
In the ongoing Premier League game against Crystal Palace, manager Carlo Ancelotti has made four changes to the Everton side that lost to Manchester City in their last match before the international break.
Nigeria international Alex Iwobi has been omitted from the matchday squad by the respected Italian football tactician.
The former Arsenal winger was pictured training with the rest of his Everton teammates upon his return from international duty with the Super Eagles but has not been passed fit to face Crystal Palace.
In quotes relayed by Everton's official Twitter account just before the start of the game, Ancelotti explained : "We had a little problem in the past few days with Iwobi and Allan. Not a big deal but they are not able to play.
"Gbamin has a strong desire to play and if I have the possibility, I want to give him minutes".
Of his 31 appearances for Everton in all competitions this season, Iwobi has started a decent amount of games - nineteen in total including fifteen in the Premier League.
England U21 international of Nigerian descent Eberechi Eze has been named in Palace's starting lineup for the game at Goodison Park.
Photo Credit : evertonfc.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Osimhen costing more than Haaland : Serie A legend confident Nigerian will deliver for Napoli
- Chelsea loanee Ugbo nets brace in Cercle Brugge's 3-0 rout of Oud-Heverlee Leuven
- Crotone's Simy two goals away from breaking Nigerian record held by ex-Blackburn striker Yakubu
- EFL: Barnsley's Dike, Luton's Adebayo, Bournemouth's Solanke, Wigan's Solomon-Otabor on target
- Azeez involved in Arsenal's final training session before trip to Sheffield United
- Dutch-Nigerian winger Ideho scores third goal in four games for Arsenal U18s in loss to Fulham
- 'They are doing very well' - Victor Moses backing Chelsea to win the Champions League
- Trabzonspor issue medical bulletin on experienced winger Anthony Nwakaeme
- Announcement imminent by Arsenal as talented striker Balogun agrees new multi-year contract
- West Ham striker Odubeko scores hat-trick against former club Manchester United
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football