Liverpool, Man Utd suffer blow in pursuit of Anglo-Nigerian midfielder likened to Patrick VieiraPublished: May 02, 2021
Liverpool and Manchester United have suffered a major blow in their pursuit of Aston Villa midfielder of Nigerian descent Carney Chukwuemeka.
Despite signing his first professional contract last October, the England youth international has been linked with top Premier League and European clubs.
According to the Daily Star, Aston Villa have made it clear that they do not want to part ways with Chukwuemeka as they have plans to fast-track him into the first team.
Chukwuemeka has been likened to former Arsenal captain Patrick Vieira due to his build and his ability to drive past players.
The 17-year-old has trained with Aston Villa's first team on countless occasions this season and was in contention to make his professional debut against Liverpool in the third round of the Emirates FA Cup but was omitted from the roster because he was part of the group that went into isolation following a COVID-19 outbreak at the club.
He has made the matchday squad for Premier League games against Leicester City and Manchester City this year - a testament to how highly he is rated by Aston Villa first team manager Dean Smith.
Chukwuemeka is back in the headlines again after scoring a hat-trick and providing an assist in Aston Villa's 6-1 rout of Newcastle United in the quarterfinals of the FA Youth Cup.
Photo Credit : avfc.co.uk
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- West Ham's Odubeko named Premier League 2 Player of the Month for April 2021
- Super Eagles striker Dessers has doubts about his future at Racing Genk
- Memorable Manchester Derbies of all time
- Confirmed: Promising midfielder James Olayinka returns to parent club Arsenal
- Former Super Eagles invitee named in Turkish Super Lig Team of the Season
- Newcastle United face competition from Portuguese giants Benfica in race to sign Nigerian defender
- Hodgson says Crystal Palace need Eze more than Manchester United and Manchester City
- Racing Genk in advanced talks to sign youngest Nigerian player to feature in La Liga
- Lazio target Simy receives attractive offer from English Championship club
- Oshoala enters game as sub as Barca thrash Chelsea in UWCL final with Abramovich in attendance
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football