Bucchi says Osimhen is physically superior to Higuain but ex-Chelsea striker better in one areaPublished: May 08, 2021
Former Napoli striker Cristian Bucchi reckons that Victor Osimhen is technically superior to Gonzalo Higuaín but noted that the former Chelsea star is the better player technically.
Having struggled in the first half of the season due to injuries and a COVID-related absence, the Nigeria international is beginning to justify the huge fee paid for him last summer.
In his last ten outings in the Serie A, Osimhen has directly participated in seven goals (6 goals, 1 assist), not a bad return considering that he started only five of those games.
Bucchi revealed that Napoli's record signing at 70 million euros still has plenty of room for improvement as he is only 22.
"Osimhen, compared to Higuaín, arrived in Naples younger, physically superior, technically inferior, but has ample room for improvement to grow further," Bucchi said on Radio Punto Nuovo via Tuttomercatoweb.
"This season he paid for the many injuries and testing positive for COVID".
Osimhen has been named in Napoli's starting lineup for this afternoon's Serie A match against Spezia after recovering from the head injury he sustained in the second half of the draw with Cagliari last weekend.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- PSG determined to bring back to Ligue 1 at least one between Osimhen and Man City midfielder
- Premier League new boys Luton Town considering transfer swoop for Nigerian striker
- FC Basel show the exit door to youth team captain Uruejoma
- Gent goal machine Gift Orban is most valuable player in Belgium, Boniface joint-seventh
- Opinion: Why Super Eagles coach Peseiro dropped Moffi from AFCONQ squad
- Tottenham join Chelsea, Man Utd, Man City in race for Golden Eaglets-eligible midfielder
- Confirmed: Most expensive African player in history returns to Arsenal
- Eight things to note on Super Eagles 23-man roster for AFCONQ v Sierra Leone
- Nigeria squad announcement: Arsenal, Man City, Spurs youth products called up for AFCONQ
- L'Equipe indicates Super Eagles vice-captain is surplus to requirements at Nantes
Football News 24/7
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football