Hammarby chief provides update on Leicester City-linked winger dubbed 'Little Messi'Published: June 20, 2021
Hammarby sports director Jesper Jansson does not see former Golden Eaglets dazzler nicknamed the 'Little Messi', Akinkunmi Amoo sold by the club before the close of the summer transfer.
The Sidos FC product has been linked with multiple clubs in Europe including Leicester City, Ajax Amsterdam and Club Brugge following a fine start to the season.
Amoo was unarguably the standout performer of the Hammarby side that won the Svenska Cupen three weeks ago, scoring four goals in seven matches, and has three goals to his name in the Allsvenskan.
With only 21 games as a professional, the right winger has seen his market value rise to three million euros, making him the most expensive player in the Hammarby squad.
Jansson has stressed that the hugely talented Nigerian youngster is not angling for a move away from Hammarby in this window.
Asked to provide an update on the future of Amoo, Jansson said to fotbolldirekt.se : " No, we have nothing concrete there. I know there is a lot of talk but we do not feel any stress with Amoo.
"Oh, he is definitely not stressed but we have a very good dialogue about his future."
Sidos FC will benefit from any future sale of Amoo by Hammarby having inserted a ten percent sell-on clause into the deal taking him to the Allsvenskan side in the summer of 2020.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Confirmed: Most expensive African player in history returns to Arsenal
- Eight things to note on Super Eagles 23-man roster for AFCONQ v Sierra Leone
- Nigeria squad announcement: Arsenal, Man City, Spurs youth products called up for AFCONQ
- L'Equipe indicates Super Eagles vice-captain is surplus to requirements at Nantes
- Victor Boniface yet to start negotiations with any team amid Eintracht Frankfurt, Leipzig links
- 'Many lies were told' - Italian pundit claims Osimhen was not sincere about his Napoli future
- Brentford, Leicester stars named in Super Eagles expanded squad for 2023 AFCONQ
- Central defender of African descent returns to Chelsea
- Opposition watch: Canada include Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd stars in provisional WWC squad
- Super Eagles striker linked with departure from Southampton, drawing interest from 3 clubs
Football News 24/7
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football