Hammarby chief provides update on Leicester City-linked winger dubbed 'Little Messi'Published: June 20, 2021
Hammarby sports director Jesper Jansson does not see former Golden Eaglets dazzler nicknamed the 'Little Messi', Akinkunmi Amoo sold by the club before the close of the summer transfer.
The Sidos FC product has been linked with multiple clubs in Europe including Leicester City, Ajax Amsterdam and Club Brugge following a fine start to the season.
Amoo was unarguably the standout performer of the Hammarby side that won the Svenska Cupen three weeks ago, scoring four goals in seven matches, and has three goals to his name in the Allsvenskan.
With only 21 games as a professional, the right winger has seen his market value rise to three million euros, making him the most expensive player in the Hammarby squad.
Jansson has stressed that the hugely talented Nigerian youngster is not angling for a move away from Hammarby in this window.
Asked to provide an update on the future of Amoo, Jansson said to fotbolldirekt.se : " No, we have nothing concrete there. I know there is a lot of talk but we do not feel any stress with Amoo.
"Oh, he is definitely not stressed but we have a very good dialogue about his future."
Sidos FC will benefit from any future sale of Amoo by Hammarby having inserted a ten percent sell-on clause into the deal taking him to the Allsvenskan side in the summer of 2020.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- 'We'll miss them' - PSV's Elephants star on the sale of Madueke, Gakpo to Chelsea, Liverpool
- 'Has problems with his grip' - Manu Garba delivers brutally honest assessment of Flying Eagles GK
- Unstoppable Napoli striker Osimhen matches Higuain, Cavani feat after brace v Little Eagles
- 'Chuba was really good' - Man Utd legend hails Championship main marksman after brace
- Super Eagles striker Onuachu breaks his silence after deadline day move to Southampton
- Club chief reveals Chelsea made at least four bids to sign Super Eagles-eligible player in January
- 'He's so fast' - Ajax Amsterdam great Frank de Boer gives Bassey vote of confidence
- Chelsea ready to pay whatever it takes to beat Man Utd to Victor Osimhen
- 'Tricky and exciting player' of Nigerian descent signs new deal with Chelsea
- Southampton manager assesses the performance of Premier League debutant Onuachu
Football News 24/7
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football