Hammarby chief provides update on Leicester City-linked winger dubbed 'Little Messi'Published: June 20, 2021
Hammarby sports director Jesper Jansson does not see former Golden Eaglets dazzler nicknamed the 'Little Messi', Akinkunmi Amoo sold by the club before the close of the summer transfer.
The Sidos FC product has been linked with multiple clubs in Europe including Leicester City, Ajax Amsterdam and Club Brugge following a fine start to the season.
Amoo was unarguably the standout performer of the Hammarby side that won the Svenska Cupen three weeks ago, scoring four goals in seven matches, and has three goals to his name in the Allsvenskan.
With only 21 games as a professional, the right winger has seen his market value rise to three million euros, making him the most expensive player in the Hammarby squad.
Jansson has stressed that the hugely talented Nigerian youngster is not angling for a move away from Hammarby in this window.
Asked to provide an update on the future of Amoo, Jansson said to fotbolldirekt.se : " No, we have nothing concrete there. I know there is a lot of talk but we do not feel any stress with Amoo.
"Oh, he is definitely not stressed but we have a very good dialogue about his future."
Sidos FC will benefit from any future sale of Amoo by Hammarby having inserted a ten percent sell-on clause into the deal taking him to the Allsvenskan side in the summer of 2020.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- First Premier League call-up: 15yo son of ex-Super Eagles striker could make Wolves history in Newcastle
- Ex-Barcelona midfielder believes Zirkzee fully deserves to be named in Netherlands provisional squad
- 17 goal involvements in 24 games: Rangers striker Dessers explains why he's flourishing under Clement
- Struggling for game time at loan club: Super Eagles-eligible midfielder back playing for Man Utd U21s
- Everton, Crystal Palace or Nottingham Forest: Which club would suit Super Eagles midfielder Onyedika best?
- PL2: Nwaneri scores pick of the goals but misses penalty as Arsenal come from behind to beat Chelsea
- Tottenham hold advantage over Man Utd in race for Dutch-Nigerian striker
- Will Jose Peseiro's exit derail Super Eagles path to 2026 World Cup?
- Confirmed team news: Ndidi starts partial training at Leicester but ruled out of QPR clash
- Tottenham coach provides update on Nigeria-eligible fullback ahead of London derby
Football News 24/7
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football