Middlesbrough coach to sanction Akpom's proposed move to Besiktas on one conditionPublished: July 19, 2021
Turkish giants Besiktas are thrashing out terms with EFL Championship club Middlesbrough over the signing of Super Eagles hopeful Chuba Akpom this summer.
The Black Eagles have turned their attention to the former England youth international following the injury sustained by one of the strikers on their wanted list, Luuk de Jong, while ex-Chelsea star Diego Costa's wage demands are proving to be a stumbling block to a proposed move.
Allnigeriasoccer.com can exclusively report that Middlesbrough manager Neil Warnock will sanction the transfer of Akpom to Besiktas but on one condition, if it's a loan move.
Despite the arrival of Uche Ikpeazu, Warnock feels that he does not have enough experienced strikers on his roster, hence his decision to allow the Nigerian to move to the Istanbul side only on a loan deal.
Beskitas have been following the Arsenal academy product for some time and attempted to sign him on a permanent deal last summer but were unsuccessful.
Akpom played the second half of Boro's first pre-season friendly on July 14, a 3-0 win over non-leaguers Bishop Auckland.
In 39 outings for Middlesbrough last season, the 25-year-old found the net five times and assisted two others.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- 'An exciting attacking threat' - Watford hero likens brand new signing Kalu to Emmanuel Dennis
- Arsenal's Anglo-Nigerian defender changes agent ahead of possible loan move
- Official : Promising winger Mukairu completes move to Danish giants FC Copenhagen
- Done Deal : Doncaster Rovers loan in West Ham United's Irish-Nigerian striker
- Super Eagles invitee gives his approval to Rangers loan capture of Man Utd's Ivory Coast star
- Southampton interested in Nigeria-eligible midfielder 14 years after Chelsea beat them to signature
- The reason Napoli striker Victor Osimhen is angry and disappointed
- Rangers boss reveals why he resisted the temptation to include Aribo in squad vs Livingston
- Confirmed : MLS club Columbus Crew loan in Real Zaragoza's Nigerian midfielder
- 'I could be going out on loan' - Arsenal's Anglo-Nigerian RB makes revelation about temporary transfer
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football